Sunday, March 1, 2015

BRIGHT BRUSHO WISHES!

If you are here for the Sparkle N Sprinkle March 1st Reveal, click here!

Hi there,

Oh my gosh! What fun! These Brusho Crystal Colors are to "dye" for!!


If you've stopped by before, then you know I rarely make a card without my own background!  Many different techniques get experimented with. Last month it was mostly Embossing Pastes and Stencils, this month I think it may be Brusho Crystals and "more". So be prepared there are probably more to come!

All I did was take a piece of watercolor cardstock and spritzed it heavily with water. Three Brusho colors (Orange, Lemon and Brilliant Red) were sprinkled on top - then you just watch it make a pattern right before your eyes! I also "puffed" at the paint with my Color Spritzer (which I may add doesn't like my Copics) so I'm glad I've finally found another use for it! After the background was dried, (it's apparently best to let it air dry for more vivid coloring - but just for the record I used my heat gun), I then applied Versamark all over and heat embossed with Clear Detail. What a bright and shiny effect it achieved.


The two dies were recent purchases from Scrapy Land, the Die-Namites Daisy Bunch, and Fall Breeze. I cut them out from black cardstock and gave them two coatings of Black Detail Embossing powder.


The sentiment (from Stamp Set 520: Flourishes 2) was applied to glossy white cardstock and heat embossed again with Black Detail. The sentiment was then cut and embossed with Spellbinders Ribbon Banners and was sponged with Memento Dandelion ink before the die was removed. The Fall Breeze was cut so that there were two pieces between which the Daisy Bunch was placed behind the sentiment banner. It was attached to the card front with Dimensional Dots.

Layered to black, then yellow and finally to a black card base, to finish off a rather CAS card!

I'd like to enter this card in the Scrapy Land Challenge # 12: SPLAT! 

Hope you've enjoyed my quick share - will be back soon - probably with more Brushos!

Hugs,

Shona

11 comments:

  1. What a great background! Love the die cuts - embossing them really makes them stand out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background you made on this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors. I also like that Die-Namites die!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #12!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowow! what a great use of the Brushos! I almost bought 6 colors at convention last month, and put them back. So you think I should have them in my stash, Shona? How many colors did you buy? Your card is BEAUTIFULLY put together - I love the shiny, stark black against the amazing background. And leave it to you put find the perfect place for the banner! WOW! Can you tell I love your card?

    And now for my 2nd reason of visiting: Thanks for sharing your pretty project in the Scrapy Land Challenge! hugs and blessings, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look you got with the Brushos. Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This looks amazing! I haven't heard of Brushos before, but they sound a lot like the Bister stains I have. Love, love, love your card. Your background looks fabulous and the shiny black die cuts as the focal point just pop. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you KNOW I think this is just magnificent! (I hope you used another clean w/c piece to smoosh up the xtra wet if you let it airdry. Don't waste all that luscious color). Hadn't thought to try using versamark and clear emboss over the brusho background, but it really does look so pretty. Those were marv color choices to show off your gleaming black flower spray too. Isn't this a fun product? So amazing to watch those crystals turn into awesome colors. I can see you had such fun. TFS & Happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing creation. The background is stunning. Love the daisy die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE this Shona, the daisies are so shiny and the colours are so cheery and bright, just right for a rainy day here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card....love your Brusho colors and the VersaMark and embossing look fabulous. Those daises are so shiny and pretty, too. It's a "wow" creation.
    MaryH from Carolina Cards sent me over to see your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shona, congrats on winning honorable mention at SL! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. How bright & colorful, Shona! I love your bg & the popped up die cut in black looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!