Wednesday, April 27, 2016

PEACE, LOVE AND JOY!

Hi there, 

Today, I'd like to share with you a Christmas card, using some Want 2 Scrap Chipboard pieces and the new Nuvo Crystal Drops. I have to say - I sure am having fun with these new drops!

Peace, Love, Joy

I began my project using the line and dots from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Donna's Stylin' Sayings Set 777. I put them both on an acrylic block and applied Versamark.

Peace, Love, Joy

Starting at the top I stamped the Versamarked images and heat embossed with Sangria Star. Moving down the card front I repeated the process another two times with Tuscan Star and then Moss Star. These are from the Tuscany color set, my favorite! They are very fine powders and are great for detailed work. I decided to use the sparkly versions of them this time, since there was to be a lot of sparkle on this Christmas card! The Want 2 Scrap Words of Love were applied with Versamark and each given two coats of the same three embossing powders. In order to have them stick well to the card front, I covered the lines and dots panel with a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet, cut it to size, removed the protective backing and positioned the words so that they all had different colored backgrounds, directly on top of the adhesive. Sparkling Snow Glitter was applied to the remaining sticky surface.

Peace, Love, Joy

The Pine Tree embellishment was applied with Versamark and heat embossed twice with Moss. I then added more Versamark and sprinkled on some Magic Speckle and heat embossed from the bottom (as this is an ultra thick powder and would fly off otherwise). This gave my tree a look of being snow-laden. I forgot to take a photo of the tree before he was lit!

Peace, Love, Joy

Various new Nuvo Crystal and Glitter Drops were applied to the tree as lights! I used the following colors: Golden SunsetSilver MoondustRuby SlippersWhite Blizzard,  Sweet LilacSugared AlmondApple GreenDandelion Yellow and Red Berry. So much fun! Once the drops were dry, (after an hour) a little white Mon Ami Pull Ribbon bow was tied to the top of the tree for the star.

Peace, Love, Joy

The card front was attached to an orange, then purple layer before the white card base. The Christmas tree was then attached to the card with Dimensional Foam to finish.

Peace, Love, Joy

Hope you like my sparkly creation? Leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by!

I'd like to also take the opportunity to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #69: Anything Goes

Till next time,

Shona

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Shona! Does the EP under the Sparkling Snow glitter show up? Or does it look like ink that coordinates with the Stars EP? Love the magic speckle snow and your pretty dimensional lights and ornaments. A really fantastic card that can also be used as a seasonal home decor item! Thanks for the great class, Shona! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loads of color & texture here. The Crystals make wonderful lights. The snow effects are marvelous, so will have to check out that product. The chipboard efforts look really pretty against the background colors. What a WOW of a Christmas Card. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous glittery Christmas card with so much texture and dimension, a fabulous make! Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh where to start! This glittery Christmas tree card is just gorgeous! I saw a tutorial on these Nuvo drops and can't figure them out - LOL! I have just one bottle (trying to make enamel dots!) and they keep giving me that merengue type of top - any ideas/tips on how to get them so round like yours? Love LOVE this card, my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful indeed! I love the snowy look and all the glitter and shimmer. Those drops look great as ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect 10!!! Amazing techniques- thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great Christmascard!!! I love the words and your christmastree especially those colourfull drops they look like little yummy sweets!!!

    Have fun!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card, love all the elements, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shona this is so full of sparkle-y goodness...wow, I love it, love it and I am jealous of all your beautiful colors of Nuvo!! Also thanks for the tip on the Magic Speckle, I just received some and I would of had it blown all over the place..LOL! A fabulous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, so glittery, shiny and colourful, love how you have done the words, but even more so the tree. It means I shall have to get more colours LOL.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Great job!
    Thanks for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Christmas Card Challenges!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty! Love your sparkles! :)
    Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, I love this sparkling card, Shona. Nice colours and design. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh Fabulous card love this idea so pretty, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!