I'm here today to share with you a variation on a shadow box, using the two new July Reveal Wetlands 1 (790) and 2 (791) sets and the Just Go Fishing set. Silhouette sets are definitely up there as my favorite sets to play with and these two new sets are no exception. I thought I would try to make a scene and so instead of just stamping on top of other images, I thought I could layer them by stamping them and heat embossing on Embossable Acetate.
To begin with, I created my background by brayering a piece of white glossy cardstock with the Big and Juicy Soothing Sunset ink pad. I then took the water and horizon stamp and stamped it on to the prepared background in Versamark and then turned the image upside down and continued with more water to the bottom of the background. This was then heat embossed with Black Detail.
Dad and son fishing image was stamped on to a 4 3/4" x 6 x 3/4" piece of embossable acetate. This was prepared with a lot of anti-static powder prior to being stamped with the Versamark. The humidity was really high today! I heat embossed with Black Detail.
On the second layer of acetate, I stamped the flying birds and the two lily pads as shown. They were then also heat embossed with Black Detail. I put the background behind the acetate so that I could make the placement of the lily pads more easily.
Then I popped each of the acetate layers on top of one another on top of the base, using Foam Squares.
For the frame, I started with a piece of glossy white cardstock and stamped the hanging branches in Versamark at the top of the frame and heat embossed with Concord. The bottom grasses and upside down hanging branches were stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Sienna, those are two of the Tuscany colors, which show great detail and I thought paired well with my sunset background.
After the frame was stamped, I cut out the middle and sponged the frame with Memento inks, Cantaloupe and Sweet Plum.
I also added more foliage to the back of the bottom for more dimension. The frame was then taped to the top layer of acetate.
I edged a piece of 5" x 7" white card with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and added Rose Gold Velvet Glitter before attaching the finished front to the edged base.
The acetate makes the photography more challenging. I hope you can see the dimension that the layers make though and that I have encouraged you to give stamping on acetate a try.
I'd like to join in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flora and Fauna
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Create a Scene!
Till next time,