Thursday, August 16, 2018

Pear-fect Pair!

Hi there,

Thanks for stopping by! Today I'd like to share my first Sparkle N Sprinkle August Reveal card, using the gorgeous Sketched Pear Set 905 and featuring the Nuvo Shimmer Powders.


I began by stamping the image using the stamp platform on watercolor paper with Clear Mark ink and then heat embossing with White Detail. This was then placed on my Tonic Easy Clean Mat and misted with water using the Nuvo Light Mist Sprayer.



The shimmer powders were applied sparingly and moved around with a little paint brush (I could have also used a water brush).



Solar Flare, Cherry Bomb, Catherine Wheel, Storm Cloud, Blue Blitz and Green Parade were used to color in the image.



After dusting the piece with the anti-static bag, I stamped "bartlett pear" sporadically around the image in Clear Mark ink and again heat embossed with White Detail.



I stamped the same image again on watercolor paper in Black Shadow Hybrid ink. This was fussy cut with the 5" mini scissors to be used as a mask.



Next I applied Custard Cream embellishment mousse through the Tim Holtz Speckles stencil.



When it was dry, it was framed with black cardstock and placed back in the stamp platform so that I could correctly position the sentiment at the bottom left corner.



I then took my "splattered" mask and colored it with the shimmer powders and a water brush.



The frame was edged with the same Custard Cream embellishment mouse, giving the frame a chalky look. This was then layered to a white card base.



The colored "mask" was then mounted to the bottom right to finish off my card.



Below is a list of the products that I used on my project. Also if you are going to purchase anything at the Sparkle N Sprinkle store you can get an extra 10% off your order by using this code at the check out: ShonaDT10.

Sketched Pear 905
Tim Holtz Speckles Stencil
Mounting Tape

I do hope you have enjoyed my share today.

I'd like to join in the following challenges:
Classic Design Team Open Challenge #8: Anything Goes
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge # 08: Anything Goes
Craft Stamper Take It Make it Challenge August: Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers August Challenge: Watercolours

Thanks again for stopping by,

Shona

19 comments:

  1. Wow ! I can never imagine coloring like this with loose pigment powders..I loved the effect very much !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super design, Shona and a great sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very gorgeous and I love the way you colored the pears. Your work with the powders is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to use your mask as part of the design, Shona! I love that idea. Usually, my masks are flimsier paper but doing them in CS would be great for your technique. LOVELY colors, and such a marvelous work of art. Thank you for letting me look over your shoulder as you created this masterpiece! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shona, this is spectacular. I love that speckled stencil and the look it creates is super. That pear image is so luscious and the way you colored it - its beautiful. I also like the idea of using the mask as another image on the card. Great ideas. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't stop looking at the stunning and beautiful result you achieved here Shona. Very clever layout. So many awesome elements here especially that pear. Swooning here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card,love the fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING card Shona, love how you have used those inks for such a fabulous result, they have such a wonderful luminescence about them. As always, also a wonderful tutorial.
    Faiht
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fab .... beautifully coloured, those powders look amazing. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the shimmer powders, and I loved your idea of stenciling the mousse. Brilliant idea to use the color mask to decorate the corner too! This is a lovely, yummy card! (I have pear wallpaper border in my kitchen, so I'm quite partial to pears!) TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks fabulous. Thanks for the step by step tutorial too. Great work. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love seeing how you made this! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of shimmer powders, Shona! Your card is really pretty and I love the soft colouring. Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers - Watercolour Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the beautiful elements on your card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this tutorial, great card and tecnique!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Irene DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful...loving the textures...Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jane DT for  http://
    classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...


    ReplyDelete
  17. Shona, this is magnificent! Love how you used the mask in your design. I'm delighted to see you playing in our "Anything Goes" challenge at World Wide Open Design Team this month and good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh I do love me some barlett pears! Yum! And your card is just so soft and wonderful - looks like a work of art where they give you the bowl of fruit as a focal point- but even better! Just sensational! (and I meant to add that I love the burlap on your tractor card!) Happy day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. brilliant use of watercolours. Love the steps you provided to create this stunner! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!