Thursday, September 13, 2018

Snow One Like You!


Hi there,

Today I'd like to share with you my second SNS September Reveal card, using the
Great Horned Owl Set 912, only I changed it to be a Snowy Owl and paired it with one of
my flocked and glittered backyard photos!


Using the Stamp Platform, since I was working with Watercolor paper and would want to make a couple of inkings in order to get a good impression, I stamped the owl image in Metro Grey Hybrid Ink.


After fussy cutting the owl (and cutting off his ears) with the 5" Mini Scissors I used

His eyes were colored with yellow Copic marker YR23 and then I added Dimensional Glue on top.
Dimensional Glue was also put down at the feet for more flocking. Snowy owls have hairy feet!


Did you know that Snowy Owls are not nocturnal like other owls? So, I took one of my backyard snow day photos, and using the Quickie Glue Pen I added Twinkling Clouds to the snow on the branches.


I edged a piece of cardstock with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape. After removing the protective backing I applied the Oceanic Glass Glitter, and then filled in any spaces with Ocean Breeze Glitter.


The sentiment from the Snow One Like You Set 515 was stamped in the Stamping Platform with Empire Blue Hybrid Ink and die cut with the Spellbinders Grommet Tag. I then edged the tag with the Nuvo Medium Glue pen and applied Ocean Breeze Glitter.


Taking a strip of 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and twisting it around to make it into a piece of sticky twine, it was then rolled in the Ocean Breeze Glitter.


I put a little mounting tape behind the sentiment tag and attached the twine through the holes in the tag to the back of the photo. The photo was then adhered to a white card base with Mounting Tape. The owl was positioned on the branch with 1/4" Tear-ific Tape and a piece of Mounting Tape behind the head. Then Silver Moondust Glitter Drops were added to the sentiment and around the photo to finish of the card.


Below is a list of products used in my card today. You can get an extra 10% off your SNS purchases by using my code, ShonaDT10, at the check out.

Mounting Tape
Yellow Copic YR23
Grey Copic N2
Spellbinders Grommet Tags
Backyard Photo: Snowy Branches

I'd like to play along in the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: S is for snow and T is for Teal
2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #18: Must include a critter
Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge #9: Anything Goes
Classic Design Team Open Challenge September #9: Anything Goes

Thanks again for stopping by today!

Shona

13 comments:

  1. My goodness! Look at the textures and shine and glitz and amazing beauty! Love that you turned him to a snowy owl, Shona! He looks magnificent! And the cuteness factor weighs in through your sentiment. It's a beautiful card! Thank you for the extra photographs to show your creative process. I always feel as though I've gone to a fabulous class after reading your tutorials. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card you made and that owl looks like he is sitting in a frozen tundra too. I love all the sparkle and shine on your card. You always do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNINg card, fabulous image, colouring, sparkle, design, tutorial - EVERYTHING. LOVE it.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love the way you did this and all the sparkle. The owl is so regal looking too. Just beautiful!! Thank you so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow love that owl and your finished project is just absolutely beautiful. Lovely work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.Annette DT forhttp://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shona, WOW, love this card and that owl is so pretty.Love how you made this a snowy scene. To me, how you made this looks like a night photograph of the owl in the tree. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Shona. The background you've made for your lovely owl is stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that you were able to use one of your photos for a lovely background to this awesome owl. His eyes were impressive! Always enjoy reading how you've used the products, and making the 'twine' out of the tape was such a good idea. Loved the glitter and glass treatment too! What an icy looking card! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card! Love your background! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Judy DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, this is just gorgeous - I love that it looks so much like the wonderful scene you've stumbled upon in a winter's walk! I love the glitter and how peaceful this is - you have such a great way of showing your tutorials and step by step! Sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Shona :-) the owl is fabulous and I love the sparkly background, so pretty! LOVE this :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!