Friday, November 1, 2019

Glitered Baubles

Hi there,

My November header photo was taken on a hike in my local woods last week. I was delighted to find this American Witch-hazel tree in bloom.  Another thing that surprised me on the walk that day was the amount of acorns that were littering the ground, and falling all around me as I walked. So on a side note for those interested in gardening and wildlife - did you know that 2019 is a "Mast Year"


Now on to my card! Today I have a twist (or maybe I should say a turn) on one of the Dies R Us Christmas dies. When I saw this die I thought how fun it would be to have a "cut out" on the opening of the card and so this is what I came up with.


I used the following dies for my project today:


Tutti Designs - Dies - Ornaments Panel
In order to have the Impression Obsession Ornament Panel "opening" to be on the right side, I die cut the mirror gold cardstock from the back. 



I then cut out the "Merry" and "Christmas" from the Tutti Designs Christmas Stitched Words (what a fun little set of dies!) I will definitely be using this set a lot this year!



A piece of Super Adhesive Sheet was layered on to red cardstock and then cut it down to 4" x 6 1/2". After removing the protective backing, I then arranged the Ornament Panel and the Stitched Words onto the card front, and used the left-over protective backing to burnish in the metallic cardstock.



Gypsy Red microfine glitter was then applied to the remaining sticky surface.



I hand cut around the top right corner and the panel was then layered to green, which was also then hand cut. This was then layered to a white card base and the top right corner was then hand cut again.



Here is a close up of the sentiment:



... and that finished off my card for today.





Here are the products that I used on my card today:

Super Adhesive Sheets
Gypsy Red Microfine Glitter
Gold Mirror Cardstock

Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEighVxYJgFzUbJcKmgwwTAKf2gnEI1PpQg7k3sVTOytC957HBjLxz5QC86xDfNiQFxp6piLaHJ0i9WGDP4N5_LmjYWRQzbBJBRUtwONipoIxRwWEWzr1gaRYgty89197x1pKLlfuRZCd97B/s1600/-logo+collage.jpg
I hope you've enjoyed my share today?

Till next time,


8 comments:

  1. Glitter and foiling perfect receipe for a festive card ! Loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card, Shona, with gorgeous textures! I wish i could see your blog header but it does not show up on my phone. Wahhhh! Sounds beautiful. We have not had any acorns since hurricane Irma in Sept 2017. We live in an oak hammock that apparently is still recovering. Huggers, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card you made with that die. Beautiful for Christmas. I also like your new header on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is spectacularly beautiful Shona. Love how you did the cut out. Stunning and shimmery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Cutting the edge of the card makes such a great effect. Good choice of sparkling red and gold paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous header Shona and a fabulous card, again with clever ideas and wonderful result.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Shona! I love what you've done with that Tutti die! I also love your beautiful header! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Shona. I love all your step by steps and the tip about die cutting on the back of the mirror cardstock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!