Friday, February 28, 2020

Heart Embossed Butterflies

Hi there, I'm back to share with you a monochromatic card that I made for the Dies R Us Design Team, using the Memory Box Large Circle Burst die and the Poppystamps Embossed Heart Butterfly. I want to give a shout out to Lori Kobular for this gorgeous die - I won it over on the recent Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop! Thanks so much Lori - I love it!!


I had a piece of purple card stock laying on my desk that I had die cut with the Circle Burst last week. I was thinking monochromatic for my card today and I was thinking pink, so instead of using it as a die cut, I used the piece as a stencil. Using a finger dauber, I applied Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick through the stencil.


I then die cut the Embossed Heart Butterfly and after cutting, I ran it through the machine again with an embossing pad to emboss the hearts. Leaving the die in place, I daubed the Worn Lipstick to the little raised hearts. I repeated this three times. 


Fuchsia metal antennae were attached to the back of the butterflies with tape. The sentiment from Sparkle N Sprinkle set Pansies was stamped with Versafine Claire Morning Mist. I used my stamp positioner for this, to be able to stamp a couple of times to get a clear impression.


The sentiment was then heat embossed with  Sparkle embossing powder.


The three butterflies were attached with foam tape for dimension. 


Below are the products that I used on my card today:

SNS Pansies Set 826
Sparkle (EP107) 
Fuschia metal thread
Mounting Foam

I hope you've enjoyed your visit today!

I'd like to join in the following challenges:
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #2: Anything Goes
Cut it Up Challenge #194: Your favorite color
Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #204: Add a Heart

See you next time!

Shona

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Shona this is dazzling! You are truly the queen of embossing and creative detail! These are just the sweetest little butterflies and i love their little pink hearts. I've only used a die cut once as a stencil - thank you for reminding me that it's a great second tool! I love the embossing powder color choice - this is so enchanting! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking design Shona, those heart-embossed butterflies look gorgeous, great idea to use your die cut as a stencil, a beautiful monochromatic card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created card Shona...what a fabulous butterfly die too and of course the stenciling through the other die is a brilliant idea, I keep forgetting about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful monochrome card !! I loved those patterned butterflies ,very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love how you made those butterflies
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, feminine card Shona. I love how you've used the die cut as a stencil. I have this die, thanks for the inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Using the die cut for a stencil worked wonderfully. I love it as a background for your pretty butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty these little heart-studded butterflies are, Shona! Congratulations on your recent win. What a pretty background that circle makes! I love the monochromatic technique you’ve used! Beautiful card! Huggers, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever idea to emboss the hearts and then cut out butterflies. Like the circle background. Lovely card. You are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, love the monochrome pink, the embossed butterflies with their metal antennae are just Gorgeous and perfect set on the circle. Love the sparkle sentiment too. Great work Shona.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! I love how you used the cut out for a stencil. Your butterflys are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks absolutely fabulous. Nice work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card, Shona! Those butterflies are so lovely with the inked and embossed hearts. They look great on the stenciled background! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful creation . Thanks for entering your card at Cut it up
    Wat een geweldige creatie.. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Cut It Up
    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Cut IT Up
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://cutitupchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!