Friday, March 20, 2020

Father's Day Fishing Buddies

Hi there, 

Today I'd like to share a fairly simple Father's Day card with you which I made for the Dies R Us Team using the Tutti Designs Fishing Buddies die


I began by making my watery background paper. I brayered Kaleidacolor Creole Spice Ink onto glossy white cardstock.



After I had a god bit of ink on the card, I spritzed with water and brayered again, which gave a watery puddly look to the paper, which I liked. I picked up the really wet edge with a paper towel and allowed the piece to dry.


Meanwhile I cut out my die from heavy black cardstock. 


I used a scrap of gray down the middle of the die to catch the highlights. 



I put little bits of double sided tape to the back of the die cut and inserted the little grey pieces in their appropriate places. Scraperfect Best Glue Ever was then used to stick the die cut on top of the background piece. I then cut a piece of 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" piece of glossy cardstock and cut out the die again. This gave me a perfect sized frame to fit around the die cut.  


The sentiment (from an old Sparkle N' Sprinkle stamp set Fishing with Dad) was stamped using the Stamp positioner and the Same Kaleidacolor ink pad. The two pieces were then taped together to finish off the card. I thought I had a Father's Day die, which I had intended cutting out from the bottom of the card front, putting the excess piece of background behind it. However, I don't appear to have such a die, so I ended up having to stamp it!


Here are the products I used in my card today:

SNS Fishin’ with Dad Set 501
Kaleidacolor Creole Spice Ink
Water Mister
Brayer

Hope you've enjoyed my share today!

9 comments:

  1. A perfect Father's Day card Shona, what a fabulous die cut! The background is beautiful, will have to try the technique, it gives a really lovely effect.
    Hope you're well and safe!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a neat Father's day card! I love the Creole Spice stamp pad. I will have to bring mine out and use it some. Great job on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic and a great card for a Dad and son. I love the background for the silhouette too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing card you have created Shona. Perfect male card. Love how you have highlighted with the wee bits of grey. Wow to how you got such an awesome background and thanks for always showing and explaining each process to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Shona, this is a beautiful silhouette creation with the loveliest of soft backgrounds! Thanks for the pictorial lesson, too! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. A favorite die of mine and you have really made the silhouette pop with the beautiful background!! On another note , your kitchen is looking beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've certainly enjoyed it Shona, love the die. YOur tutorial is super and I'll have to try it.
    Take care.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sweet Shona, I am LOVING not only your card but that you brought the brayer back! Heavens I'd have to hunt around in boxes for mine, LOL! This is super! What a gorgeous silhouette your die created and the lovely creole spice background is amazing! I will have to give it a go when it's it's Hot Mess card making time - thank you for the inspiration! I hope you guys are all okay up there and everyone is well and safe - thinking good thoughts for all my internet friend - HUGS, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, Shona! I've got that ink pad but have never considered using a brayer with it...it's brilliant! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!