Friday, October 30, 2020

Pink and Brown Birthday Wishes

 Hi there,

My card today was inspired by the Fab'n' Funky Challenges, which is celebrating it's 500th challenge with a special blog hop. I needed a card for a very good friend and I had recently picked up a fun little stamp set from Stampin' Up called "From All of Us" and since there are five critters in the image and five in our family, I thought it quite fitting! My friend loves pinks and browns, so I chose to use different shades of both in my project.


I began by stamping the image with Versafine Claire Morning Mist, using the stamp platform.


Next I colored in the image using a variety of shades of pinks and browns.


Once colored, I put it back in the stamp platform and restamped it with the Morning Mist and then applied Sparkle embossing powder to give the outline a nice crisp look and a bit of a sparkle!


Next I created a little cross-stitch frame out of pink cardstock and taped it down a wee bit wonky.



"from all of us", from the same set was stamped in the bottom corner, and the Birthday Wishes (bitty Birthday Wishes) was stamped in the top left hand corner. This was then foam mounted on to a piece of brown and white dotted designer paper. Nuvo drops were applied to the left hand side of the card and some brown and pink baker's twine was tied in a bow in the top right corner.



That finished off my card for today!


Here are a list of the ingredients used for my project:

From All of Us (Stampin’ Up)

Bitty Birthday Wishes (My Favorite Things)

Versafine Claire Morning Mist

Various Brown and Pink Copics

Sparkle embossing powder

Cross Stitch Nesting Rectangles (Tutti Designs)

Nuvo Jewel Drops Strawberry Coulis

Nuvo Crystal Drops Dark Walnut Bubblegum Blush

Brown and Pink Bakers Twine


I'd like to join in the following challenges with my card:
Fab'n' Funky Challenge #500: Your 2 favorite colors and tell us why
Creations in Pink: Anything Goes mainly pink
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #44: Include a critter


Hope you've enjoyed my share today.
Till next time,

Shona




8 comments:

  1. This is lovely Shona, beautiful design, colours and a cute image. Love your little trick of embossing the image AFTER you have coloured it- looks great!
    So pleased you are entering our 500th Challenge at Fab'n'Funky -good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to celebrate their 500th challenge, Shona! Your darling monochrome creation is especially sweet! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card using that cute bunch of critter friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card, Shona! The image is adorable, and the design is so fun! I like the pretty pink too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! Shona this is fabulous, love the fact you coloured then restamped! I must remember that good tip. Love the pink and brown and the beautiful frame at the jaunty angle. A Marvellous card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card, thanks for joining us in our blog hop challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, beautifully composed

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super card with all your creatures. Thanks for joining us at 2 CraftyCritterCrazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!