Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Scenic Bauble

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog. My header for December is one of my backyard bird boxes which during the Spring and Summer is home to families of bluebirds. A squirrel was enjoying breakfast on the bird house patio this morning! My card today is for the challenge over at Christmas Craft Creations


The Challenge for December is to make a scene!


I began with stamping the scene on glossy white cardstock with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and heat embossing with Clear Detail.


The Sweet Poppy bauble stencil was placed over the scene and I applied Broken China ink to the bauble area. 


The inked scene was die cut and then spritzed with water. It gives a lovely mottled effect.


The stencil was placed on white glossy cardstock again and I colored the leaves with Peeled Paint and the ribbon with Iced Spruce. A red Copic marker was used for the berries.


The die cut bauble was then taped on top.


The panel was layered to a light blue mat and then layered onto a white card base to finish off my card for today.


Below you will find the products that I used for my card today:

Hero Arts Stamp K5524

Sweet Poppy Christmas Bauble Stencil and Die set

Distress Oxide inks: Broken China, Peeled Paint, Iced Spruce

Versafine Clair Nocturne

Clear Detail Embossing Powder

Mister

Red Copic

Silver Thread


I hope that I have inspired you to join in the Challenge over at Christmas Craft Creations

I'd like to join in the following challenges with my card:
Crafty Calendar Challenges - December - Christmas
Sweet Stampin' December - Anything Christmas
Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas

Happy Holidays!

Shona


13 comments:

  1. I always love your blog headers Shona- this is no exception, that little squirrel looks right at home- the photo would make gorgeous Christmas cards!
    Speaking of gorgeous cards, this one is a stunner,fabulous stencil and such a beautiful scene inside the die cut bauble.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card using this bauble set (has been my favorite this year) ... great job of inking! LOVE IT! OMG those little varmints get into everything around here ... I not only have gray squirrels, but I also have black squirrels. Luckily they have learned they can't get feed from the feeders anymore so are content with eating what is on the ground. But they love to torment me by bringing it up onto our deck ... guess they figure we're not using it right now so they may as well! LOL
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona. your card creation is so pretty. Beautifully designed and colored I just love it. Your header is so cute as well. Merry Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really beautiful card Shona, I always forget about the stencils. A beautiful effect and colours on this card. OH! I love your bird house, it's fabulous. As for the squirrel? ours is a pain in the proverbial! he will insist on digging up the lawn and our pots.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and a really clever idea to put the scene inside the bauble. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever - I love how you've used the stencil to make the bauble really stand out. Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin'. Happy Christmas! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shona this is gorgeous. I love that stencil and how you have coloured it. Beautiful snowy scene with the pine trees and deer. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a 'GUID' New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Shona, fabulous card - the use of the combined stencilling / stamping / colouring is just perfect!

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at Sweet Stampin' - hope to see you again.
    Sarah
    Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely, great use of the stencil...very effective.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blog. Happy new year 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautifully done, Shona! It’s a lovely card. Loving your blog header… so cute. Wouldn’t it make a wonderful stamp? Happy New Year. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!