Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Slimline Winter Wonderland

Hi there! Today I'm back with another Christmas card for the March Christmas Craft Creations Challenge, where the theme is slimline.


I die cut the deer scene from black cardstock and then also with the slimline die from Pinkfresh studios. The ends of the scene were cut out so that there were no side edges.


I then applied a piece of double sided tape to a piece of white cardstock and die cut the same slimline die. I removed the protective backing and placed the black scene on top of the framed piece.


Waterscape glitter was then burnished in to the remaining sticky surface. This piece was then taped down to a piece of white cardstock leaving enough space below for the sentiment (from an old Sparkle n' Sprinkle set). This was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and heat embossed with clear detail.

I ran white organdy ribbon across the top and bottom of the frame and wrapped it around the back. This complete piece was then layered to a silver panel before being layered on to a white card base. Here you can see the shine from the glitter.


I hope you have enjoyed my share today and that I have inspired you to make a slimline card to join in the March Challenge of Christmas Craft Creations.  

Till next time,

Shona

6 comments:

  1. A beautiful slimline card Shona, fabulous die cut and lovely sparkle.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful shimmery slimline scene Shona, a winter wonderland for sure! I started a slimline card today but messed it up and now have to start over, figured now was a good time to walk away from it, guess I am having 'one of those days'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a sparkly card, love it!!. Perfect for the Christmas season. Love the scene you have created You are ahead of the game for sure with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously framed Christmas card Shona. Awsome blingy background for that lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!