Wednesday, October 12, 2022

White on White Merry Christmas

 Hi there and welcome back! I can't get my head above water here! The weeks are just rushing by and it will be Christmas before we know it.


 Here is another Christmas card for Christmas Craft Creations, where the theme for October is white on white.

I started with a glossy 5" x 7" card base. This Sizzix die has been sitting on my desk unused for the longest time, so I thought I should try giving it a go! 


I took a piece of double-sided adhesive paper and ran it through the die cutting machine. It cut out quite well!


After taking all the little negative pieces out, I removed the brown protective backing and stuck the die cut piece down on the the glossy card base.


The second piece of protective backing was then removed, leaving the sticky surface of the die cut.


Before applying the Crystal Ice glitter, I put down a piece of foam tape for the sentiment panel. (Foam tape does not adhere well to glitter!)


I had another, never before used, die cut, also a Recollections, so I die cut the little inside frame and the sentiment.


Taking a scrap piece of cardstock, cut to fit inside the middle rectangle, I applied a piece of double-sided tape and after removing the protective backing, attached the little frame and sentiment to the sticky surface.


Bridal glitter was then applied to the remaining sticky surface. 


I repeated this same process with the Recollections Snowflake die, but this time I used the Crystal Ice glitter, to contrast a little with the Bridal glitter. 


A piece of organdy ribbon was attached to the left side of the "tag" and a hole was punched so that I could put a white brad through the middle of the snowflake.


That finished my card for today. How close are you to finishing your Christmas cards? I've still got many to go, but doing a few a month has certainly added up! I hope I've inspired you to join in the fun over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge this month?

Thanks again for stopping by,

Shona

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Shona, I love white-on-white Christmas cards, so elegant!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shona this is soooooooo beautiful in white. I am sure it sparkles amazingly IRL. Nice finish with the wee bit of ribbon. Looooove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that lacy die, Shona, and I'm sure that glitter is gorgous IRL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!