I was playing with Pigment Pearls last month, for projects to submit to Vamp Stamp News. I stamped the American Flag on glossy white in Versamark and then applied red and blue pigment powders. I brushed off the excess powder and it left a hazy residue on the cardstock. I didn't know what to do with it at that point so put it aside.
Last week, I was playing with the new Horse Set 498. I stamped a few of the horse images on top of different colored flockings, then used my Copics to color them further. You can find a tutorial here on how to accomplish this technique. I made a Palomino, and several others, but my favorite was the American Paint Horse! Now where did I put that flag???
Now let's see how many Sparkle N Sprinkle products we can use on one card! How about 19! Had I realized I was that close to 20, I would have added another star! But it's already on route to Florida! Oh well!
Horse image from Set 498: Horses
July 4 Set (3513-433A)
Versamark Ink #99702
Detail Black Embossing Powder (EP171)
Blue Ribbon Embossing Powder (EP279)
Firecracker Red Embossing Powder (EP291)
Memento Tuxedo Black #99604
Snow White Flocking (FL101)
Copic Marker E57
2 ½” Tear-ific Tape (SAT11)
Cobalt Glaze Velvet Glitter (GM2015)
Gypsy Red (GM2005)
½” Tear-ific Tape (SAT04)
Swan Wing Glitter Tinsel (GT3002)
Red Tomato Glitter Tinsel (GT3007)
Deep Royal Glitter Tinsel (GT3001)
Sizzix Stars Die
Pigment Pearls: Red and Blue
Glossy White Cardstock
1. Stamp flag in Versamark on White Glossy and brush on blue and red pigment pearls to replicate flag.
2. Stamp Freedom and America in Versamark on top of flag and heat emboss with Blue Ribbon and Firecracker Red.
3. Apply ½” Tape around edge of card base and center flag background. Apply Swan Wing, Red Tomato and Deep Royal Glitter Tinsels to exposed tape.
4. Apply 2 ½” Tape to white glossy card and run through the Sizzix star die, remove protective backing and apply Cobalt Glaze and Gypsy Red. Attach to background.
5. Apply 2 ½ inch Tape to white glossy card and remove backing. Apply Snow White Flocking, stamp horse image in Memento black and color patches with brown Copic marker. Cut out and attach to card with dimensionals.
6. Stamp saying in Versamark and heat emboss with Black Detail. Cut out and adhere to top of one of the stars with dimensionals.
Have a safe and happy fourth!
'Till next time,