Thursday, September 10, 2015

JUST BREATHE ....

Hi there, today I'd like to share with you another  beach -themed card.  For this one  you need to take a step  into the ocean and take a dip along side this cute mermaid!
SNS Just Breathe

I created the background by adhering  a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet to blue cardstock and rubbing the back of the Dreamweaver Wave Stencil with  Hawaiian Soap before laying it down on the sticky surface of the blue card. I then burnished Metal Leaf on to the stencil. Once the stencil was lifted up, Velvet Glitter Cobalt Glaze was applied to the remaining sticky surface.
Serena was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored in with Copics: YR000, YG05, YG11, Y17, YR24, YG13, YR23. After fussy cutting, I applied Versamark and heat embossed with Clear Detail.
Just Breathe
The Sentiment from the same set was stamped on glossy white cardstock in Versamark and was heat embossed with Cerulean, one of the detailed Tuscany colors. It was then die cut with a Spellbinders Grommet Tag and before removing the die a little Memento Cantaloupe ink was daubed over the text.  The brads were applied with Versamark and then heat embossed with Cerulean Star to coordinate with the blues. See this video for a how to bling your brads. A piece of blue ribbon was tied in a bow and attached to the card front with one of the brads along with the sentiment. Serena was attached with Dimensional Foam.  Adhesive pearls were added as air bubbles and to Serena's necklace and flower centers. The card front was then layered onto a white card base to finish.
Just breathe

Hope you've enjoyed my share today.
Hugs,
Shona

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I love how you've used the pearls for the bubbles. Great sentiment too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and a fabulous background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning creation Shona.
    Love how you created the background and those pearls are perfect as bubbles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card and love your using the adhesive sheets again. Something which is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation. The mermaid looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!! I hd to hold my breath at first but now I am breathing. Really a fantastic make with all the mystery of the ocean!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw! This is so beautiful and detailed! Love the lush rich colours - so vibrant! My daughter LOVES mermaids - we did her room in mermaids when she was little (not now, lol, at 20 year old!) so this brought back very fond memories, Shona! Your cards are always like a work of art!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. An intake of breath when I saw this beautiful creation, I love the colours and all the work which has gone into this. The pearls as bubbles is ingenious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Shona! Great minds think alike! I'm entering this month's SNS challenge using the same image! BUT your card is far and above more creative and gorgeous than anything I could have dreamed up! Love your background and I hope to try it soon! I REALLY admire your fussy cut Serena! Beautiful card design, Miss Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gracious, the leafing with the glitter - awesome combination. So much glitz & texture, it's so very realistic. Inspired designing on the bubble/pearl necklace - ditto in the sea bubbles. Magnificent coloring on Serena as well. A simply gorgeous card, and so many fabulous details. I LOVE it! TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the colors, the image and the background...I guess that is all of it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!