Monday, February 15, 2016

STENCILS, BLACK EMBOSSING PASTE AND NEON GLITTERS!

Today, I've got a new technique to share with you using a stencil, some Dreamweaver's Black Embossing Paste, the new Sparkle N Sprinkle Neon Glitters and some Want 2 Scrap Chipboard!



First I attached the TSC Designs Wild Lilies Stencil to a 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" piece of bright green cardstock.


Notice that I didn't tape it done all the way round - I found that this added a more funky, artsy look which went well with the glitters - in other words it was OK for the paste to go under the stencil a little! Apply the Dreamweaver black embossing paste over the stencil. Remove stencil and set aside to dry. I left mine overnight. Clean the stencil with soapy water.  When dry, replace the stencil, tape down again and using a paint brush go over each section with Brushable Glue that you want to "paint" with each color. I began with the flower petals that I was going to "color" with pink.


Remove the stencil carefully, and put it in soapy water, while you apply the first of the glitters - Exulted Pink! Shake off the excess glitter and put back into your jar, then leave to dry - it takes 10 minutes at the most. Clean off the stencil while you're waiting on it to dry.


On to Energized Orange! Replace the stencil and apply more glue where you want the orange glitter to go:


.... continue with Electrified Yellow for the stems and then finally with Exhilarated Green for the leaves. 


Now we get to play with the Want 2 Scrap Chipboard Pieces! Sparkle N Sprinkle now carries a wide variety of words and embellishments and bling from Want 2 Scrap. They are great for scrapbook pages!


Apply the Chipboard piece with Versamark and then heat emboss with Silver Detail. Then reapply the Versamark and this time heat from underneath with the Super Thick Silver (this will stop the bigger particles from flying off the word).


Now how to adhere them to the page? I've done it both with tape (the 1/8" Tear-ific Tape) and with Dimensional Glue, but what I've found as the easiest way is to give them a background to stick to. In this case I chose to use Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Hearts. I applied a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet to a piece of hot pink cardstock and ran it through my embossing machine. The smaller hearts were able to fit on the 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape.


Remove the protective backing of the tape and stick the word (or words) down before applying the pink glitter to the remaining sticky surface.


The hearts with their words were attached with Dimensional Foam So now how are we looking?



1/4" Tear-ific Tape was attached around the edges of a 11 3/4" square of the hot pink cardstock and then the page was centered on top before being applied with the Neon pink around the sticky surface. This was then attached to a 12" x 12" black Scrapbook page.



I didn't want to cover up, or clash with the colors of the fun flowers, but really needed to make it into a "Scrapbook" page, so I had a black and white wallet size photo made of a photo a couple of years back of David and me. I made a little frame the same way as the hearts using Spellbinders Classic Rectangles Small.



There was an annoying little black piece in the photo in the top corner, so I covered it up with another little scalloped heart. I used the inside of the little frame to die cut it from.


.... and that finished off my page. I was going to do 25th (for a Silver Wedding), but I really loved the look of the flowers and wanted to leave it open as much as possible. 

I'd like to enter the Challenge at Our Crafty Corner with my scrapbook page.


Here's a sneak peak at my next project. Using a Dreamweaver stencil this time and painting on top of the paste with a paint brush instead of through a stencil. This worked better for a card size project as it was more detailed.


Hope you've enjoyed my share today! See you again, later in the week!

Hugs,

Shona

9 comments:

  1. wowow! Shona, I don't know if it is your anniversary, but if it is, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. If if isn't, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY anyway! LOL If ever two wonderful people came together to create a great team, it is you and David.

    Now... on to your project! WOWOWOWOW! What a great technique and fun, too! I was not aware that dreamweaver paste would work so well with the thinner stencils! Thanks for that tip. Your colors and choices of glitter and EP created some beautiful textures, didn't they? I like the shading with a tiny bit of black showing from behind the neon green! Fabulous keepsake, and so fun to make. Were you all sparkling afterward?

    I can hardly wait to see your card next week. I've pinned your technique! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing, great images, great colours, and what a great technique, I just love it!!

    Have a nice time!!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work of art and love the stencil you used. I just got me some embossing paste but have not tried it yet. I think I may have to give it a go now though as I see this is so beautiful! There are just too many things I need to try and not enough time it seems. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW again! This one is really hot and love these glowing colors. As always I enjoy your tutorial, and like the idea of the black paste, then painting & adding glitter. This is a great stencil too, and loved seeing the picture of you & Sweetie. This is just awesome, Shona, and love all the color, texture and shapes you've got on this one! Well done indeed! I've gotten some good ideas from this! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Shona this is so gorgeous, love the vibrant colours and all the work you have done has really paid off it is STUNNING, I love the texture and how you have laid it out.

    Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Shona! I'm back with my other hat: Thanks for joining us in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those colours! I love it!
    Thank you for joining the Our Crafty Corner challenge.
    Hugs Melanie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...love this one, too...you sure are 'rocking' those neon glitters....you have inspired me to get busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page and love the hot pink and green colours-love the beautiful flowers and step by step---Thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!