Thursday, February 7, 2019

Thanks a Bunch - "Of Tulips"!

Hi there,

So is Spring here? We have had two lovely days of warm sunshine and that makes me feel rather happy! Apart from going outside and getting some much needed exercise - warmer weather always gets me in the mood for flowers. It was quite appropriate Monday that my Candy Cane Amaryllis started to bloom! That's what's my header for the month of February!

So still thinking about Spring we have the Sparkle N Sprinkle Showers of Tulips Digi Set 923, yes I know it came as tulips in an umbrella, but technically challenged me just couldn't get the entire digi to print!! So therefore - it became a bunch of tulips!!


As I said, I couldn't get the digi to print the entire thing (total operator error) but then I thought I'll just fussy cut what I have into a bunch of flowers and pair it with the awesome "A Big Thanks" Set 928, which includes this awesome stamp "Thanks a Bunch", designed by dear friend, Donna Ellis!


After I had fussy cut it, I covered it in Versamark and heat embossed with Clear Detail, then applied Versamark a second time and heat embossed Super Thick Clear, from underneath. I've been having a lot of fun with these Super Thick embossing powders lately. SNS has an entire new line of pastel colors (which are perfect for Spring). I did a quick card yesterday using all eight of the new colors and the new dreamy Smokey black. You can see the card here.


The Thanks a Bunch sentiment was randomly stamped on a piece of white cardstock with Memento London Fog and also across the die cut (Sizzix Framelits Dotted Ovals).


I positioned the foam mounted oval directly over one of the Thanks a Bunches. This was then layered to black cardstock before the white card base. The tulip bouquet was then mounted with foam on top. Grey Mist Nuvo Jewel Drops were applied here and there to finish off my card. 


I hope you've enjoyed my share today. Listed below are the products used in my card. Most of the items can be found on the Sparkle N Sprinkle website. Also, if you enter my code ShonaDT10 at checkout, you will receive an extra 10% off your order.

Memento London Fog
Sizzix Framelits Dotted Ovals

I'd like to join in the following challenges with my card:
Craft Stamper Take It Make It February Challenge: Anything goes
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #1: January
Classic Design Team Challenge #2: Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today,

Big hugs,

Shona

9 comments:

  1. Well the technical error has turned the umbrella into a lovely bouquet!! Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, error or not it is gorgeous. I think it turned out fantastic and is so beautiful and makes me want Spring to arrive even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fortunate "accident", this card is perfect, love the stamping across the card and oval and then the embossing? - FABULOUS.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY! Shona, this looks fabulous! I love the background, and the way you have stamped it over the oval piece before adding your beautifully fussy-cut tulip umbrella! (gorgeous stamp set - I would love owning it, and her rain boots!) I can hardly wait to try making some intriguing backgrounds - thanks for jumpstarting my creative process in that directions. So glad you are enjoying some warmer weather. We are, too - strangely in the low 80s - gosh, the tulip tree is in full bloom, and the azaleas keep on trying to bloom way too early. Even my caladiums are confused! When your tulips begin emerging from the soil, will you please take photos? Bulbs are magical to me - wish we could grow them here. I grew tulips and daffodils in pots. After they bloomed, they were allowed to grow in the pots until May, (when it became too hot and humid for them). Then the bulbs were extricated, placed in fresh sawdust from untreated wood, and stored in the refrigerator until the following January, when they were replanted in pots to repeat the cycle. I did this for 5 or 6 years until one year, the bulbs became too soft (must have been too wet when I put them in the bags.) Sometimes, friends or family would send me amaryllis or other bulbs for gifts. I always treasured these! LOL OK too much information - thanks for sharing your beautiful card! huggers, donut

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your printing problem turned out perfectly for your lovely card, I love the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shona this is gorgeous..wow...amazing how an error can turn out so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bouquet Shona. Who would have known your hic up! Another super background. Amazing colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Hesters DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!