Thursday, February 21, 2019

You Make Me Happy!

Hi there,
Today I'm sharing a card which features the Black Ice Technique, using the gorgeous digi 920 May Showers along with a sentiment from Set 555 April Showers.
I printed out the colored version of the boots and sponged some Memento Summer Sky around the base of the boots.
Next, I pulled the Hybrid ink pad Metro Grey (I thought using black ink would be too dark) down the entire panel and then turned the piece around so that I pulled the ink down again (from the boot end up). It should have faint vertical lines going through the entire piece with more ink at the top and bottom where you start the process.
Now repeat the same process with Versamark and then heat emboss with Clear Detail.
The sentiment from April Showers set 555 was originally stamped directly on the image panel, however I decided to use a die cut tag so stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with Black Detail. This was then cut out with the Spellbinders Grommet Tag and before removing the die I sponged on a little Memento blue Summer Sky. 
The tag was attached to the image panel with two yellow brads. This was then attached to a light blue card base to finish.


Here is another card I did with the same Black Ice technique on silver cardstock, using the Vintage Country Home Stamp Set 911.

Below are the products used in today's card. The linked items can be found over on the Sparkle N Sprinkle website. You can also use code ShonaDT10 at the checkout for a further 10% off your entire order. 
Digi 920 May Showers
April Showers Set 555
Vintage Country Home Set 911
Memento Summer Sky
Hybrid Ink Metro Grey
Versamark
Black Detail (EP171)
Clear Detail (EP280)
Spellbinders Grommet Tags
2 yellow brads
I hope you have enjoyed my quick share today. 

I'd like to join in the following challenges:
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #2: Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Gals Challenge #90: Weather: Any condition

Thanks for stopping by!
Shona

15 comments:

  1. Wow..this really a cool technique ,Thank you for sharing ,it's new to me :)I loved the effect and both your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous! I especially love the vintage house. I've not heard of this technique, but I love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and love the technique for our weather challenge! Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards, Shona. The Black Ice technique is so effective. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and another technique I will have to try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful card, Shona! I'll have to try that technique...it looks very cool! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWOW! You've nailed this technique, Shona, and proven that it looks great in multiple styles! I wouldn't have thought of using the top card images that way, and they are GORGEOUS, especially with the rain falling vertically, the technique achieved vertically, and the vertical card shape. It's amazing! The vintage home set really looks like a daguerreotype, doesn't it? Shona, your blog header is so beautiful - I love the way you have "amplified" Mother Nature's tools for procreation. I also like the larger font size and white background, which makes the beauty of your cards stand out even more, if that is possible! Wishing you a great week-end. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible and such beautiful results on both cards Shona, love the coloured wellies and the so elegant house.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Shona what stunning results you got with the black ice technique. Love the first one with the bright yellow boots and beautiful flowers. Such a different way of showing that technique. Then you do the traditional type and it too is stunning. Love them both. I am going to try and replica the first one just for fun. Won't be as good as yours though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Shona, this is so amazing! I tried the black ice technique awhile back and it was not as successful, lol but your card - as always - beautiful! I love the bright cheerful rainboots and how much vibrancy you have on your card! Both are stunning and a terrific way to showcase the beautiful stamps! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love the rainy effects and those yellow boots... I want them! Thank you for joing us at Cardz 4 Galz this time.

    X Lise Mariann, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, such beautiful creations, love the designs! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Sherry DT/Admin for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card and I love the technique , really gorgeous!!
    Have fun !!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, this is a fabulous image...I love it and love what you have done with it!!! I meant to mention above about your tree, it's beautiful and I don't believe I have ever seen a witch hazel tree...awesomeness!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!