Thursday, March 21, 2019

Grandest Chick!

Hi there and Happy Spring!
Today I have an Easter card for you combining the fun digi set 945: Easter Parade with the Easter Parade Stamp Set 945
To begin with I printed out the little duck and cut the paper so that he would be in the top right hand corner, leaving enough space for his other two pals! Another duckling was printed out, as was the little chick. These last two were fussy cut. 

The eggs were stamped with Distress Inks Fossilized Amber and Wilted Violet and were then given a coat of Clear Detail and then heat set. That produced nice shiny eggs. I fussy cut them to make them look like the chicken and ducklings had just hatched!
The ducklings and chick were flocked with Canary Yellow with some smooth precision gluePinkerbell glitter was added to their ears in the same manner. 

Using the same glue pen I added Lemonade glitter to the yellow flowers on the chick's bonnet. 

Dimensional Glue was then added to all the ribbons, wellies and feet and set aside to dry. This gives a raised glossy look when dry.
The sentiment from the stamp set was stamped in Versamark and was then heat embossed in Black Detail. I then sponged some Memento Dandelion ink around the edges of the card. 

The front panel was layered to purple, then to a yellow layer before the white card base. I then mounted the second duckling with mounting tape along with the eggs. The little chick was attached with a wobble. I added some Violet Galaxy Nuvo Crystal Drops to pull out the purple elements of the card. 

 That finished off my card for today. 

I hope you've enjoyed my share today. Below are the products used in my card.  You will also receive an extra 10% off anything in the Sparkle N Sprinkle store by using my code ShonaDT10 at the checkout.
I'd like to join in the following challenges:
2 Crafty Critter Crazies #24: Use a Critter
Crafty Animals #24: Must use animals
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #3: AG
Have a great day!
Shona

11 comments:

  1. What a darling card. Great coloring and those chicks are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! This is too stinking cute!! It makes me smile. :) And what wonderful details!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Shona. Your little chicks are so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This card is so amazing! I love those cute chicks and the colors, sparkle and all the great details you added really make it awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shona I absolutely LOVE this adorable and pretty card...all those added details just make this card a WOW! I bet you were sad when you had to send this card off, it's a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, Shona! Your techniques and sweetness factor are fabulous! I love the two different cuties, and the easter bonnet, and all the spring time darling-ness incorporated into your lovely creation! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE this delightful card, great use of the flocking Shona, lovely colour combo too.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am back with my other hat, Shona - thanks for uploading your darling critter project at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Smiles and wishes for a wonderful day!
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}


    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW What a lot of work on this card. Was well worth it though, its fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa DT Crafty Animals

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Easter card Shona. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Wendy DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is wonderful! I love the bright colors and the characters are so sweet. Love all the additional detail you have added with the embossing, the flocking and the dimensional glue.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!