Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Winter Deer

Hi there,

Today I have a card for the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog. I decided to go with a sparkly monochromatic look this month. 



I began with stamping the large Penny Black Snowy Grove stamp in Hybrid Ink Metro Grey on glossy white cardstock. I used my stamp positioner for this since it is such a big stamp and it required a couple of applications of ink.



The three deer were cut out from the Sizzix Winter Deer die cut, which was cut from Black cardstock.



The Memory Box Merry Christmas die was cut from white cardstock covered in 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape.


I cut out the "Merry" and "Christmas" from black cardstock and placed them in their spots before covering the snow bank with Twinkling Clouds Flocking. 



I used the Sakura Glue Pen with Starfire glitter to fill in the snow particles on the background. This glue dries clear.



A piece of Bakers Twine was strung around the top of the card before I mounted the front panel to a grey card base.




I hope you can see the sparkly snow on the background panel. It's so twinkly in real life.

Below are the products that I used in my card today, some of which can be found over on the Sparkle N Sprinkle website:


Penny Black Snowy Grove
Hybrid Metro Grey
Memory Box Curved Merry Christmas Die
Sizzix Winter Deer
Foam Pads
Foam Strips
Grey bakers twine

I'd like to join in the following challenges with my card today:

Classic Design Team Challenge #3 - March: Anything Goes
Craft Stamper: Take It Make It March Challenge: Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge - March: Use a Die that Scrapy Land Carries
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge #45: Anything Christmas

Thanks for stopping by today,

Shona

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Shona! I love how you have altered the deer die cut to make the grouping closer together and like a family. The shadowed Merry Christmas brings out the snowy drift even more! Gorgeous monochromatic theme! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card, love the background, the deer the flocking and the sparkle. Love everything about it. Thanks for the reminder to put tape under the die cut.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful combination of stamping and die cutting used for this gorgeous card. And, I love the way you added the flocking to make an awesome snowy drift. Adding the sentiments back into the design with black was a great addition too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing your process for this beautiful card Shona. So gorgeous and the finish from the stamping to the flock, and the bringing it all together. So fabulous! Love this!! Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas card. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful winter scene, so peaceful and quiet! I love the deer against the gray trees and the white snow! Thank you for sharing with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #109!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Christmas card Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Team Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Michelle DT

    Keencrafter's Hand Made Goodies 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!