Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Decorations Challenge for CASS

Hi there,

Wait, what happened to August (not to mention summer)? My September blog header is a "late bloom" of my hardy hibiscus! Such a huge flower, though I have to say the leaves didn't look so spectacular this year!! I know that Japanese beetles got to them last year and it looks like that again, however the big saucer blooms are so fun and although they only last a couple of days, it has put on a lovely display of blooms the entire summer.

I'm here today with my monthly post for Christmas at Sweet Stampin', where they have an anything goes Christmas challenge and this month there is an option to use decorations! Surely, you have a stamp or die cut of some kind of Christmas decoration?  We would love to see you join in the fun. So now on to my card:


I was able to attend the Scrapbook Convention last month, where I took a few fun classes and picked up a few fun items! One of the classes was with Rubbernecker Stamps using their Watercolor Background Set 1227. For my card background, I started with one of the background images and mixed some water from a waterbrush and some Nuvo Catherine Wheel Shimmer Powder, using the waterbrush I painted the image and stamped it on to a piece of watercolor paper. I continued this process several times.



After the red splatters were dry (I used my heat tool to ensure it was), I came in and repeated the process with Nuvo Green Parade Shimmer Powder.



I die cut a piece of red and green cardstock using the Memory Box Addison Background Ornament die.



I then cut the Addison Ornament twice from Gold Mirror cardstock.



The gold ornaments were adhered to the red and green ornaments using a little Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. The middle bauble was made by die cutting the ornament out of red cardstock and then putting a piece of Super Adhesive Sheet on top of Gold Mirror cardstock and running it through with the background die cut. The Adhesive sheet was peeled back to reveal the sticky gold surface on to which I placed the red ornament.


The sticky surface of the ornament was then filled in with 24KT Gold glitter.



I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts CL551 on to white cardstock with Versafine Claire Golden Meadow. This was then heat embossed with Gold Detail embossing powder. It was placed at the bottom of the card and then the ornaments were added with mounting foam.


The bauble tops were glued in place using some Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and then I added a little gold thread and taped them to the back of the background piece before layering to a green layer. This was then layered to a white card base.



Here's a close up of the ornaments:



Hope you've enjoyed my share today? Please stop by and join in the fun over at
the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Creative Challenge. Below is a list of my card
ingredients!:

Rubbernecker Stamps 1227 Watercolor Background Set
Hero Arts CL551
Detail Gold (EP168)
Versafine Clair Golden Meadow
Super Adhesive Sheet
24kt Gold (GM2038)
Gold Mirror Cardstock
Nuvo Shimmer Powders: Catherine Wheel and Green Parade
Water Brush
Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
Memory Box Addison Ornament Background
Memory Box Addison Ornament
Foam Mounting Tape
Gold Thread

I would like to take part in the following challenges:
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
Classic DT Open Challenge #9 - Anything Goes
The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge #55: Anything Goes
Take it Make it Challenge - September: Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #121: Anything Goes (use a die that SL carries)

Till next time,

Shona








14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Shona - this is one gorgeously detailed card! So much design and beauty - love the red and green splatter and the fabulous holiday ornaments. Your use of glitter and glamour is over the top! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness Shona this is gorgeous!! Once again you are making me want to play around with my powders! Funny I am working on a card using the MB Corby ornament for Dec lol....but I foiled mine using my foil machine I have had for over a year and this is the 2nd time I have used it ...hah! anyhow I love love this card, so unique AND elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exquisite card, Shona! Loving your watercolor shimmer background (intriguing stamps) and beautiful gold mirror cardstock. The techniques together make a fabulous effect! Thanks for the wonderful photos showing your creative process. I always learn a lot from you. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with the watercolor splash background. Love the gold card stock for ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Shona! I love the background you created for the pretty ornaments! Great design! I also love your gorgeous new header photo! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful and so elegant with your gorgeous die cut ornaments. This is so gorgeous for a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you did the background Shona, beautiful card with gorgeous baubles. The gold and red and green to me are traditional Christmas colours, gorgeous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Shona you have blown me away with how beautiful this card is. The background looks amazing with the Nuvo Powder (love that stuff) and those baubles are breathtaking. Love the sentiment. Great tutorial as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the background. You know me and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what a beauty that is. And love how you show the way you made it always

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and I love that background stamp. Sounds like a very fun and informative class you too. Great step by steps too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love your background and gorgeous ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That background looks great fun to make Shona - thanks for showing us how you made your card. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A Gorgeous card, love the design and the clever piecing.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!