Wednesday, October 9, 2019

When they saw the star!

Hi there,

I'm here today with my October card for Christmas at Sweet Stampin'.  This month we had the optional twist of using stars in our Christmas project. I had recently picked up the Recollections Christmas Noel embossing folders and clear stamp set, so decided to dry and wet emboss the star embossing folder for my background. 


I began with running the blue cardstock through my Big Shot with the Recollections star embossing folder. I then took a rubber brayer and Versamark ink and ran it across the raised pattern and then applied Detail Silver embossing powder.


I then stamped the image from the Sparkle N Sprinkle set 720: Three wise Men with Versafine Clair Twilight ink and heat embossed with Clear Detail embossing powder. 


I stamped the sentiment from the same set in the Twilight ink again and heat embossed with Clear Detail again. Then I tore around the sentiment to make it look like a sand dune and sponged a little of the Twilight ink around the edges.


The three wise men were taped to the star background, after I colored their gifts with a yellow Copic marker and the sand dune was popped up with mounting foam. The front panel was layered to a white card base and then the white organdy ribbon was tied around the left side of the card to finish it off.


Hope you've enjoyed my share? Below are all the products I used on my card:

Sparkle N Sprinkle 3 Wise Men Set 720
Recollections Christmas Noel Embossing Folders & Clear Stamps
Versamark Ink
Silver Detail  (EP257)
Clear Detail (EP280)
Versafine Clair Twilight Ink
Brayer
Copic Marker Y17
White Organdy Ribbon
Mounting Tape

I hope you will take a look over on the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge.
We'd love to see what you come up with, with the optional twist of "Stars"!

Till next time!

Shona


13 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job with your card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous and I love that you could do that with the embossing folder and get the silver design embossed. You do such wonderful work. And, the wise men image is perfect with that background and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this could not possibly be more beautiful! I love it, Shona! The star brightly shining is perfect for that verse, and the SNS image looks amazing. It's gorgeous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully done Shona, you've nailed the theme!! Gorgeous creation. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona your card is stunning!! The background is amazing how you did it, there is noway I could do that without making a complete mess of it, but I LOVE it...fab stamp set too...love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really a gorgeous card, Shona! I love the embossing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! this is beautiful Shona, I must get a brayer, this is something I didn't even think of and it gives such a wonderful effect. Love your card. (and the sand dune!)
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and I love the background! I'll have to look for that embossing folder next time I go to Michaels :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. That embossing is really effective with this folder. There are so many things to try, I don't always remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful Shona. Love the stencil and how you embossed it. The three wise men look fabulous with their brightly coloured gifts. Sentiment perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!