Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Oh Christmas Tree

Hi there, and welcome to June! My header for June took a while to catch, but finally one of my little bees posed by the Catmint out in the yard as it collected nectar.


Today, I have my June card for the Design Team of Christmas Craft Creations and this month we were asked to feature Christmas 
Trees:
Three 2 1/2" strips of Tear-ific Tape were stuck down to green cardstock. Two of the slimmer tree were die cut and one of the fuller tree from the Sizzix Woodlands die.


I then taped a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Super Adhesive Sheet to a piece of white cardstock and then took off the protective backing.


I placed the bigger tree in the middle of the sticky rectangle and then applied Sparkling Snow glitter to the rest of the sticky surface.



The protective backing was then peeled off the tree and the two slimmer trees were placed to the sides of the larger tree. This left some of the tree on the side "floating", giving a little dimension. Misty Isles glitter was then applied to the sticky surfaces of the three trees.


I die cut the panel with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders, keeping the sides of the trees above the die, so they wouldn't get cut off.


I die cut the sentiment from green cardstock using the Tonic Oh Christmas Tree die and cut it out.


A piece of mounting tape was stuck to the back of the "sentiment" and Sparkling Snow glitter was applied through to the sticky surface.


The tree panel and the sentiment were mounted on to a lighter green cardstock. This was then attached to a white card base and a piece of light green organdy ribbon was tied around the side to finish off my card. Below you can see all the sparkle!


Here is a list of the products that I used in my card today:

Sizzix Woodlands (660978) 
Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders 
Tonic Oh Christmas Tree
Super Adhesive Sheet
2 ½ “ Tear-ific Tape
Misty Isles Glitter
Sparkling Snow
Mounting Tape
Organdy Ribbon

I hope this has inspired you to play along with the June theme of Christmas Trees in the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge. Pop on over and see the other inspiration from the Design Team.

Take care and till next time - stay safe,

Shona

13 comments:

  1. Really lovely card, Shona. I love all the shimmer and shine from the glitter. And wow, your header picture!! I can well imagine it took some patience to get it but it's a really stunning picture with that sweet bee. - Charlotte/Lady Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think glitter makes everything better and the more the merrier. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful sparkly Christmas card Shona, your die cut trees are gorgeous- perfectly showcased by the lovely design and simple green and white colour combo, perfect choice of sentiment too.
    I LOVE your June header, that's an amazing photograph- your patience was rewarded.
    Have a good week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well once again I LOVE all your sparkle-y goodness and the fabulous design!! Goodness, I also LOVE your beautiful header, I need to figure out how to do those headers, technical I am NOT lol...have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful sparkly card Shona. Love those tree dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful Christmas card. So sparkly and just a perfect elegant look for Christmas. I love that header too. What a great photo. You are so talented to capture that bee in flight too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a fabulous photo, Shona! It would be wonderful framing it for your new kitchen! I love it, and can see it also as the focus of a pretty card, too! Your sparkling trees are beautiful! How nice to get a little head start on Christmas cards. These are so delicate and sweet! Thanks for sharing the lovely tutorial. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your header is an amazing photo, what wonderful detail you captured. Your card is fabulous, so Christmassy and sparkly, love those trees and how you have placed them. Excellent tutorial photos again, you are so good at that.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so lovely with all the sparkle. I love the trees by Tim Holtz. Your header is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Shona! What an incredible photo! That bee is fantastic!
    Your card is beautiful too! I love all the gorgeous glitter. Brilliant way to show off those trees! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Shona, this is a sparkly gem! I love this die and have used it often and mine hasn't ever looked as fabulous as yours! Beautiful detail and just a cheerful holiday card - love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful trio of Christmas tree! Just love all the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card ❤️
    Love the trees, paper, design - everything!!
    Hugs from your new follower from N-Norway

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!