Wednesday, July 8, 2020

O Holy Night!

Hi there, and welcome to July! Isn't it just crazy how quickly the time is going by? My July header is one of the fun flowers in my backyard that has just started to bloom - Crocosmia.


My card today is for the Design Team of Christmas Crafts Creations and our theme for July is to include a Christmas Character! 
My card this month includes six Christmas characters - Mary, Joseph, Jesus and the three wise men!! I chose to use the Inkadoo stamp set O Holy Night for my card. I used three of the images on the outside of the card and I used the verse and the angel on the inside.


I brayered a 3" x 6 1/2" piece of glossy white cardstock with the Soothing Sunset ink pad to created my sunset background.


The three stamps were arranged in the stamp positioner and then stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.


In order to dry off the ink,  I added Sparkle embossing powder and heat embossed, this gave the images a bit of a sparkle too.


This panel was added to a piece of purple cardstock which was then layered to a white card base. I used orange and white baker's twine for the ribbon across the top to finish the card off.


I hope you've enjoyed my share today? I also hope that you will upload a card to the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge. There is a fun little stamp set to be won this month. All Christmas characters are welcome! Pop over to the challenge and check out who the other designers have used as additional inspiration.

Below are the items I used to create my little Christmas scene:

Inkadoo stamp set O Holy Night (⅚ stamps)

Big and Juicy Ink Pad - Soothing Sunset

Brayer

Versafine Clair Nocturne

Sparkle Embossing Powder (EP107)

Orange and White Baker’s twine


I'd like to join in the following challenges today:

The Holly and the Ivy Christmas Challenge #75: Anything Goes

Crafty Catz Challenge #514: AG with Christmas option

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog #255: Christmas in July + A sentiment

Krafty Chicks Challenge #515: Anything Christmas

ABC Christmas Challenge: N & O are for?


Till next time - stay safe and happy stamping!

Shona

20 comments:

  1. That background is lovely! Such a pretty design. - Charlotte/Lady Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty inking and gorgeous scene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamping Shona, the silhouette stamps are gorgeous against the lovely inked background, love the touch of sparkle too.
    Your blog header is another stunner!
    Hope all is well with you and your family.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous and perfect with the reason for the season sparkling nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely brayering and scene Shona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful Christmas card you have made. I love all the pretty flowers you photograph. The header Is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous "macro" of your red flowers, Shona! A beautiful header, and fire-cracker hot for July, too! Your "skinny"card is beautifully done with those lovely soft colors in the background.I did not get my "four" Christmas cards done for June. I was trying to do four each month this year, so now I need 8 for July! LOL Hoping all is well at your home. And a happy belated birthday to you, my friend! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shading on your card and then the sparkle from the images, such a beautiful card Shona.
    Your photo of the Crocosmia is amazing, ours have started flowering also, and are orange, yours has a wonderful shading.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Shona ! Love your gorgeous background. I should think more often to use my brayer ! I’m thrilled to be your GD for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card Shona and we are so glad you shared with us at CraftyCatz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab Christmas card, Shona, the inked background is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, great step by step tutorial. Thanks for joining us over at AUD Sentiments this week x Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a beautiful card, Shona! I really like the pretty background too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Shona, I love the inky background, stunning with the black and touch of sparkle.
    Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiments Challenge. I'm sorry it's taken me a while to comment, I hope we will see you again in the new challenge.
    Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts xx
    https://gingerninjacrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely! Your colors are blended so well. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous silhouette card, Shona and the background inking is just awesome! I never managed to master using a brayer lol!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, Shona. I love the background and the scene. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Shona! I am smiling huge - I havent seen that big and juicy pad in a LONG time! How fun is that! I love your long slimline card, too! perfect for the nativity and the wisemen and the star - thinking back on it, there's so much to get on a small A2 card with something like this so you did a TOP NOTCH card! Super fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!