Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Sprinkled With Love

 Hi there, and welcome to August!

Isn't it just crazy how quickly time is going by, even though we aren't able to do anything of much!

I've been spending the majority of my time in my own garden, weeding and mulching and with my bees and now finally the Monarchs are here - much later than last year! For August my header is the Passion Flower and for the first year I've got fruit growing! I am hoping that the little green fruits will ripen - apparently they take 70 to 80 days to mature, so if the summer stays through September, I should be good.  

So on to my card, which is for the August challenge over at Christmas Crafts Creations and this month we want to see Animals! I hope you take a look at the inspiration from the Design Team.


I'm sure you all have something you can use to join in the fun with us. Remember to include the Challenge badge when you do!

My good camera broke two weeks ago and so I had to take my card process photos with my phone and now I am having a heck of a time trying to download them to this post, so I'm afraid I am not going to be able to do my usual step by step tutorial, but the good thing is, that it happens to be quite simple.

I stamped the little image and sentiment, both from the Inky Antics Cocoa and Cinnamon Baking set, with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink, using the stamp platform. 

I colored the sweet little pup using my old Stampin' Up Watercolor pencils. The image was die cut with Tutti Dotted Nesting Squares. Keeping the dot (sprinkles) going - I found some freebie designer paper that I had received with a magazine and used that as the background layer. Layered to red card stock and then to a white base, the pup was popped up with mounting foam and then I gave the icing, his nose and his hat some sparkle using Fresh Snowfall Nuvo Glitter Accents. You can't see it very well in the photo, I know, but it looks cute IRL!

A little red and green "baker's" twine was tied around the card to finish it off. I hope you you like my little card and that you will come join us this month.

Here is a list of the products that I used:


Inky Antics: Cocoa and Cinnamon Baking

Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink

Tutti Designs Dotted Nesting Squares

Sparkle embossing powder (EP107)

SU Watercolor Pencils

Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall

Magazine Freebie DP

Foam Mounting Squares

Green and Red Bakers Twine


I'd like to Join in the following challenges:


2 Crafty Critter Crazies #41: Use a dog

Christmas with the Cuties #40: Christmas Animals

Holly and the Ivy Challenge Blog #76: AG

Crimbo Crackers: Challenge 213: Anything Goes


Till next time, stay safe!


Shona

16 comments:

  1. During these last months I think that those of us who are lucky enough to have a garden have spent more time than ever in them and learned to appreciate them more. There is something so calming about sitting amongst flowers and trees and watching the birds and insects...
    Your passionflower is stunning, hope the fruit ripens ok. I never have had fruit on mine but who knows- one day!
    Sweet card Shona, that's a really cute image- beautifully designed as always- love the sprinkles theme throughout!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorably cute Shona, super cute and fun design!! Love your pretty blogger header! I wish I could spend time in my gardens but we have been gone all summer and they are out of control, hoping to be home for a few week sin September so I can 'dig' them out, but not complaining, feel blessed to be able to spend so much time quietly at the lake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute card and how adorable that little pup is ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your little puppy, such a cute card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, What an adorable card.So sweet and love your design and coloring. These covid times really show us we can put our time to good use. Stay safe and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card design. And I think it is a good thing gardens are being grown by more people. We had issues finding some seeds this Spring but I had a lot still in the freezer from last year so we were okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Shona! thank you for sharing the beauty of your garden in your blog header. How amazingly gorgeous! I am sorry to hear about your beloved camera, and hope you are soon able to acquire a new one, and enjoy your photography again. The card is darling, of course! Our Monarchs are more prolific this year! We didn't have any for 2 years, and then only a few another year, and last year only 3 that I saw. Last summer, we purchased indigenous milkweed, and I harvested the seeds, with 100% germination! This year, we have milkweed, and several butterflies. We're in the process of creating a Monarch habitat on the other side of the house where only milkweed will be planted for about a 5foot by 20foot area. It's been crazy moving the caterpillars from one area to another as the milkweed loses leaves LOL. We've also had so many prolific butterflies. I love being "mobbed" by them in the front sidewalk, and they always delight my guests, although my guests have been few and far between this year. Thanks for the help regarding the milkweed! love, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute card, Shona! I really love that adorable dog image. Sorry to hear about your camera. I know I would be devastated if mine broke! Hopefully you'll be able to replace it soon. - Charlotte/Lady Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! Shona, this is such a delightful card, a fabby image beautifully coloured and love the background paper and the twine. Marvellous.
    I'm glad to hear your busy in the garden :), I think a lot of people have been glad to have outside space this year. I hope all is well. Love the header and hope your fruit is gorgeous.
    Keep safe
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shona, thank you for sharing this adorable card with us at Christmas with the Cuties, what a cute stamp!!! Those little Christmas tree cookies would be yummy

    Beautiful photo of the passion flower.....have also enjoyed the time in my garden, watching a gang of sparrows at the bird feeder every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute holiday card.
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas with the Cuties
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card, thanks for sharing with us at the Holly and Ivy Christmas challenge. Hugs, Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card! I am sorry to hear about your camera. The flowers in your heading are gorgeous! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww such an adorable card, Shona.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm smiling at your title as we are now welcoming September! Where is time going! This is SO cute! I am in love with cute critters and whimsical things and this card is just so sweet! I'm sorry about your camera - I have started using my iphone because mine was too expensive to fix, but it's not the same! Hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet card and you have coloured the image beautifully x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!