Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Winter Blues

Welcome to December, I hope that everyone is staying safe and able to enjoy the days leading up to the big day! My header for December is the American Christmas bird, the Cardinal! I made a pumpkin bird feeder after Thanksgiving and have had many different "visitors" stop by for a taste! 

The Christmas Craft Creations Challenge theme for December is Winter Blues. I chose several blue glitters to "color" my background. It was hard to capture the actual sparkle of this card, but I can assure you in real life it really is sparkly!

I began with layering a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Super Adhesive Sheet to white cardstock. After removing the protective backing, I placed a die cut snowflake border to the top of the exposed adhesive. 


The seven different Sparkle N Sprinkle glitters, listed below. were applied starting at the bottom with Blue Lightening, then progressively getting lighter up to the almost white Olaf White glitter as the background of the snowflakes. 


The Sweet Cuts Classy Deer die was run through my big shot over another piece of Super Adhesive Sheet layered to light blue cardstock. The protective backing was removed and Marine Blue was applied to the exposed adhesive.



The sentiment (Prickly Pear Christmas Tree) was stamped on white cardstock in Versafine Clair Twilight ink and before it dried, Sparkle embossing powder was applied and heat set.


I used the Lawn Fawn (Just for You labels) die to cut out the sentiment, I cut it half way and then moved the die cut along, as the die cut was too long for the sentiment.


I had an extra snowflake lying on my desk.  Versamark was applied and was heat embossed with Bracing Blue. The snowflake and sentiment were attached with mounting tape as was the glittered deer to finish off my card for today.
 

Below are the products that I used on my card today. 

Prickly Pear Christmas Tree Set

Versafine Clair Twilight

Versamark

Bracing Blue

Sparkle Embossing Powder

Lawn Fawn (Just for You labels) die

Memory Box Lindeman Snowflake die

Sweet Cuts Classy Deer die

Snowflake border die

Super Adhesive Sheet

Glitters: Marine Blue (deer)

Background glitters: Blue Lightning, Rapture Blue, Ocean, 

  Waterfall, Princess Elsa Frost, Waterscape, Olaf White


Hope I've given you some inspiration to color, without inks? Would love to see you join in the Challenge over at Christmas Craft Creations with your Winter Blues?
I'd like to join in the following Challenges with my card today:

52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge: Snowflakes (June)
DRU Challenge #158: Christmas (Sweet Cuts Deer)
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Anything Goes Christmas/Winter


22 comments:

  1. I can just imagone the sparkle, it shows well on the photo somust be mega sparkly in real life. great card, you can't go wrong with glitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card. I absolutely love that sparkle.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOZERS!! A stunning sparkle-y card Shona with all those blue glitters and so very creative too!! I absolutely LOVE this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Shona, this rally is a stunner...LOVE how you've coloured with glitters in those beautiful shades of blue- a lovely ombre effect, so clever. (I'm just imagining the mess I would make if I tried it- me and glitter are not compatible, I love the look of it but I'm so clumsy it gets everywhere!!)The sparkle is amazing- looks great in the photo so can imagine how wonderful it looks IRL. The deer diecut is fabulous too, so elegant.
    Beautiful blog header Shona, such a lovely photo of the cardinal.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blog header and a beautiful sparkly card. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool header. Cardinals are the state bird here in Ky. My fav bird. Your card is so pretty. Love all the glitter colors you used. This is a gorgeous card. Merry Christmas, Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful. Makes me want to pull out my glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is so gorgeous and beautiful.I love all the glitter. And I love the cardinal on your header.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Shona! Your card is gorgeous! The sparkle is fantastic! Oh, and I love your beautiful header too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly I have to say your header is incredible, I love the cardinal, wish we had such a colourful regulars to our bird feeders. Your card is amazing, what a wonderful shading of sparkle, I love it. The reindeer "feeding" off the snowflake is just wonderful, a FABULOUS card Shona.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shona, this is an especially love, serene creation! So pretty with the glistening background and your beautiful snowflakes! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my friend this is just GORGEOUS! WOW that's a lot of glitter (I would have it from one end of the house to the other lol). Thanks so much for sharing the details on how you did this ... it is STUNNING!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect!
    CLASSIC
    This is a smashing project!
    We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Stay safe and well.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT



    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is just gorgeous Shona! Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just fabulous, Shona. I love all the sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Shona, this is an absolutely beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, Shona - this is jaw dropping gorgeous! I love the shimmer and sparkle and the serene beauty to this! I would LOVE to see this outside my door all day :) That's such a great tip to use a paper clip - that's genious! Thank you so much for the BEAUTIFUL Christmas card that arrived today - I help it and starred at it taking it all in! You are so kind and I loved hearing about your family! Big hugs, my friend and Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card, Shona! All that glitter is so pretty and I'm sure in person looks amazing! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful and so sparkly! Love, love it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me again ... I finally 'got smart' and have subscribed to your blog so I don't miss any of your beautiful works of art! Happy Holidays my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful christmas card you made :-))
    Thanks for joining us at the 52CCT Challenge ❤️ Hope to see you at the next challenge, too.
    Happy, Healthy and Creative 2021!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!