Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Oh Christmas Tree

 Happy New Year everyone! I hope that 2021 will bring us all good health and happiness! 

My January header is an Amarylis, which is adorning the bay window in the kitchen. Not much going on in the garden yet! 

The January theme for Christmas Craft Creations is to use ribbon or twine. I had recently received a fun gift package from a blogging friend Kelly Santi and I thought I would use part of it in my CCC card this month.


I covered a scrap piece of green cardstock with 2 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and removed the protective backing. Scraps of twine and ribbon were then placed onto the sticky surface.

I continued until the entire panel was colored with the ribbon and twines.


I cut a green panel from the Tonic Oh Christmas Tree die.


The Christmas tree die from the gifted stamp and die set was cut from the middle of the panel.


Mounting foam was attached to the back of the green panel. 


The outer panel was die cut from red cardstock and double sided tape was stuck behind the edges.


Gold glitter was burnished on to the exposed sticky border.


After being mounted onto a red card base, the little packages from the set were stamped on to gold cardstock and die cut.


The parcels were then mounted on to the card front along with the gold star atop the tree. Another piece of one of the twines was tied along the left edge of the card to finish.


This was a fun card to make! Thanks again Kelly!


Here is a list of the products that I have used in my card today:

Tonic Oh Christmas Tree Die

The Project Bin A Way with Words

  (Mid Century Christmas Stamp and Die Set)

Super Adhesive Tapes (2 1/2" and 3/4")

Scrap Ribbons and Twine

Mounting Tape

24 Karat Gold Glitter

I hope you have enjoyed my make today and that I have inspired you to join in over at the January challenge of the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge with ribbon and/or twine! 

I'd like to join in the following challenges with my card this month:

See you again soon,

Shona





13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too Shona, hoping 2021 will be a happy and healthy year for you and yours.
    Your card is fabulous and really nails the challenge theme. Love the way you've used the ribbon, it looks gorgeous- and it's a great way to use those short scraps I never want to throw away! Great step by step tutorial, so well explained.
    Have a good day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful Christmas tree design and the card is wonderful. I like your header too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card, I am sorry your card will not be in the draw as you haven't linked back to the challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, your card is so pretty and creative. Love the design. Hmmm I might have to remember this design for next Christmas. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Christmas tree, Shona! Fantastic idea for using bits of ribbons or even papers. I love it! Your header looks amazing with that close-up into the beautiful flower. A little weeding and pruning has been happening here, and Jack is currently "cleaning out" the greenhouse because heating it is quite expensive. We've had an unusually cold Winter. After 15 years of what we thought was a permanent change due to global warming, we are back to typical cold weather for our area. So this changes our winter plans for planting. Even our cold hardy pollinators have disappeared! Wishing you all the best in 2021. love, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Amaryllis is gorgeous Shona. Such a pretty colour. Your card is enlightening What a fun idea to decorate the tree like that, the presents are a perfect touch. I love your card.
    Faith x!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun way to make a Christmas tree! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work. Love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!