Monday, August 9, 2021

Freezin' Flamingoes!

 Hi there, and here we are already in August! My backyard August header is a Hummingbird Clearwing Moth nectaring on Butterfly bush. 

Just like this gorgeous moth, the time is flying by, isn't it? Christmas will be on us before we know it! Good job, I have my Christmas Challenge Design teams to keep me adding to my stash!! This card is for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, which is always an anything goes challenge. I hope you will join us this month?


I began by stamping the image from the Sparkle N Sprinkle Winter Flamingoes set in Versafine Clair Morning Mist. This was then heat embossed with Clear Detail.


The image was colored with pastel colored Copics.


The sentiment included in the set was then stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne. These little flamingoes are freezin'!!


The panel was die cut with Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders die, and a slightly larger one was used for the Kraft panel, which was layered to a mustard card base. The focal panel was then mounted on top with foam. Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall was added to the ground to give them some snow to walk on!


Brrr!


That finished off my little card for today. Below please find the products I used. I do hope to see you join in with us over on the anything Christmas goes challenge!

Winter Flamingoes (Sparkle N Sprinkle)

Versafine Clair inks, Nocturne and Morning Mist

Clear Detail Embossing Powder

Copics: pinks, browns, blues

Memory Box Cross stitched Frames Borders dies

Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall

Mounting Foam

Till next time,

Shona



 

5 comments:

  1. A fun and festive card Shona-lovely design and I love those chilly flamingos!
    Glad you got your header sorted, your close up photos of insects and flowers are a joy to see.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Christmas card design for more tropical areas. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card, Shona! I love those sweet colors and all the sparkle. Your August header is also beautiful. We have hummingbird moths in Florida too. Ours looks different than this beauty, and I find all the pollinators to be extra special! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cute cute!! You reminded me I have this set and need to use it more! Of course I love all the pretty sparkle and the fun image!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt so sorry for those poor flamingoes freeing in all that snow Shona. Gorgeous card. Hope they found their way out quickly. Love your oh so different take on a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!