Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Oriental Christmas

 Hi there, I'm so glad you stopped in to take a peek at my blog today! My backyard August header is the beautiful Clearwing Hummingbird Moth enjoying nectaring on Butterfly bush.

August already? My, how the months are zipping by! My card today is for the Christmas Craft Creations Design Team. This month we are asking for you to use non-traditional colors. I was going for Halloween tones for my card, using oranges and purples, but when I removed the stencil, it suddenly gave me an oriental feel? What do you think?


I recently acquired a couple of new stencils from Del Bello's Designs, after I was "enabled" by a couple of blogger friends, Diane and Darlene. I ordered the stencils from Del Bello on Thursday and I had them on Saturday! Quickest service ever!

The Sweet Poppy Holly Baubles Stencil was taped down to a piece of glossy white cardstock.


As I said, I set out using some Distress inks in Halloween colors, quickly learning that the Oxide inks worked better with the detail of the baubles!


I used a black Copic for the stems and strings for the baubles and then a purple Copic for the berries.


After lifting off the stencil, I just stamped the sentiment, from a Sparkle N Sprinkle set "Christmas Baubles".


The panel was then mounted on to a mustard card base and a piece of gold bakers twine was tied around the spine to finish off my card for today.

I do hope I have inspired you to join in the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge this month? Below please find the products used in my card today:

Christmas Baubles Stamp Set (Sparkle N Sprinkle)

Sweet Poppy Holly Baubles Stencil

Distress Inks 

Distress Oxide Inks

Copics

Mounting Tape

White and Gold Baker’s twine


Till next time,

Shona


9 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, this is beautiful Shona, now you make me want this stencil and geez I just put in an order again the other day!! I am so glad we enabled you to this site heehee, now I have a place to come and see even more inspiration using these stencils!! Love the pretty colors you have used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Shona, such a lovely stencil- love the colours you've used- I can see what you mean about the oriental feel.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a gorgeous stencil! Yes I can see the oriental vibe from you card, but of course it is still Christmassy because of the baubles! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Christmas card, Shona. I see what you mean about having an oriental feel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s beautiful, Shona! Your card colors coordinate with your backyard photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card and awesome use of the stencil. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous stencil Shona. Love the unusual non traditional colour choice here. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOW this is awesome my friend! I have that stencil on my current order which is due to arrive today! YAY! Thanks for inspiration! Aren't these stencils fun? Sorry about the enabling but it's all Diane's fault ... she started it! LOL
    Love the image of the hummingbird ... beautiful! Great job my friend ... can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!