Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Oh Christmas Tree!

Hi there, I'm back today with a card for the challenge over at Christmas Craft Creations


This month our theme is Black and White with one other color.  


My other color is green. My camera was getting repaired last week, so again, there are no step by step photos. I was looking through my Christmas die stash and I came upon the Your Next Die - Christmas Tree die, which I don't think I have ever used. So I decided to make my card with snowy hills, dotted with Christmas trees.

I took scraps of white cardstock and applied 2 1/2 inch double stick tape, before running it through the machine with the die. The Christmas trees had the protective backing removed and then Misty Isles glitter was applied to the sticky adhesive. The rest of the protective backing was then removed and Bridal glitter was applied for the snowy hill. I did this three times. One was taped down to the black (sky) panel, that I found on my desk. Then I cut up the other two and staggered the hills and trees so that the layers were different from each other. 

The sentiment from Hero Arts CL343 was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with White Detail embossing powder. It was die cut with a Lawn Fawn labels die. I stuck this on to the sticky surface of the last hill before applying the Bridal glitter.

The scene was layered on to a matching piece of green cardstock and was then layered to a white card base. A green ribbon completed the card for today.

You can find the products used in my card below:

Hero Arts CL343

Your Next Die Christmas Tree die

Lawn Fawn Labels die

Double Stick tape

Misty Isles Glitter

Bridal Glitter

Versamark ink

White detail powder

Green organdy ribbon


I hope this will inspire you to join in the fun over at the Christmas Craft Creations challenge, using Black and White plus one!


I'd like to join in the following challenges with my make:


My Time to Craft Christmas - Glitter and Sparkle

Peace on Earth Challenge #1


Till next time, happy stamping!


Shona

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Shona. Lovely design and I love all the sparkle. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful peaceful scene, love all the sparkling snow with the little trees dotted around the snowbanks.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created Shona, love the black background makes those trees stand out perfectly, fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and made even more special with the use of the glitter card. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glittery snow mounds! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your sparkly trees and snow Shona. Bet it is extra blingy IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful winter scene and I love the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Shona for entering your beautiful card into our challenge at Peace on Earth!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shona this is FABULOUS! Love your design idea and those trees are so sparkly beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sparkly card! I love the scene you made. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! Shona, I love your "other colour" what a great card, love the trees and those hills, pretty ribbon also.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your sparkly card with us at My Time to Craft Christmas, we hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!