Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Holiday Joy

Hi there - I'm so glad you stopped by! Can you believe it is October already? My header today is one of my last tagged Monarchs. This year I have tagged 35 of these beauties and I hope that one of them may make it to Mexico and be found. Today I am sharing my first Christmas card for October for the Holly and Ivy Anything Goes Challenge.


My two cameras were in getting worked on again! So I only had my camera phone and I so there won't be any steps here, though I think it is self-explanatory. Decided to go with an untraditional Christmas palette. Maybe this would work for a couple expecting a baby - the flamingo is posing as a stork??

I stamped the flamingo (old Sparkle N Sprinkle set) - Christmas Flamingo) in Versafine Clair Nocturne using the stamping platform. I colored with Copics, then returned it to the platform and stamped again with the same ink and heat embossed with Clear Detail. This was die cut with the Sizzix Dotted Ovals set. A pink and blue oval were also cut and were taped down to a white panel.

Holiday Joy was also from the same set and was also stamped with Nocturne and heat embossed with Clear Detail. This was die cut with the Tonic Layering Basics Traditional Hearts die.

The blue ribbon bow was tucked under the focal panel and then the flamingo was attached with mounting tape for dimension and more dimension was used for the sentiment. This was layered to a pink layer and then on to the white card base.

Brushable glue and white flocking were added to the hat trim and pompom and then Nuvo Glitter Accents - Fresh Snowfall were added to the light bulbs. 

Hope you liked my share today! Please take a look over at the Holly and Ivy Challenge, to see what my Teamies have prepared for you and maybe you'll be inspired to play along! It's always an anything goes theme.

Below please find the products used in my card today:

SNS Christmas Flamingo set

Versafine Clair Nocturne

Clear Detail embossing powder

Copics 

Nuvo Glitter Accents Fresh Snowfall

Dimensional Glue

Snow White Flocking

Sizzix Dotted Ovals dies

Tonic Layering basics Traditional Hearts dies

Blue organdy ribbon

Mounting Tape


I'd like to join along with the new Peace on Earth Challenge #1 with my card today.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Take care,

Shona

8 comments:

  1. Hi Shona, this is such a sweet and lovely Christmas make- I agree it would be a wonderful card for a couple waiting for a new arrival, cute image, beautiful design and pretty pastel colours.
    Your blog header photo is stunning, a magnificent butterfly. I have only ever seen this species on a butterfly farm, how lovely to see them in your garden!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome holiday card, love the colors and the great image, don't forget we have a brand new challenge blog for Christmas you could enter, Peace On Earth! And if you do enter, then thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card design and the colors would indeed work for a baby card. Wonderful Christmas card design with a beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card done in pastels, Shona! How admirable to have tagged the monarchs. Many of Florida’s monarchs spend their entire lives in our state. It’s interesting hoe geographic spaces and weather conditions play a part in migratory habits and evolution, isn’t it? Thanks for the great tips in today’s creation. Your photo is actually fantastic and nice and bright! Hope you all are staying well. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Shona. The design works so well in pastel colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW! Yes! I agree about the baby at Christmas it would be fabulous. Love the non traditional colours. WOW! tagging a butterfly? you must be so quiet and gentle to be able to approach them and place the tag. Well done you. Love your header.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth with your super cute and fun Holiday card!
    Diane POE DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well aren't you the clever one! LOL LOVE the non-traditional colors and that image made me smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!