Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Across the Miles

Hi there! I'm glad you stopped by my blog today! Today I have my second card for January for the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.


 I recently acquired a couple of Clearly Besotted stamp sets. and I used the New York scene for an across the miles card, since most of my cards go back to Scotland at Christmas time.


The scene and sentiment were stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink at the same time using the stamping platform.


This was heat embossed with Clear Detail embossing powder.


I made a mask for the "sun" die cutting a post-it note with the Spellbinders Standard Circles die set.


The mask was put over the sentiment and I sponged the open area with Distress Oxide ink Fossilized Amber.


I stamped the city scene on to another post-it note and fussy cut it out to make a mask for the city also. and then using the inside circle of the first mask I masked of the yellow sun, before sponging the Iced Spruce and Faded Jeans inks.


The little Christmas tree was colored with green Copic and the torch was colored with yellow Copic. The front was layered to a black base before the white card base. A black and white baker's twine was tied across the top of the card to finish it off.


Below, you can find a complete list of the products used in my card today. 

Clearly Besotted Snow Scenes
Versafine Clair Nocturne ink
Clear Detail embossing powder
Distress Oxide inks: Fossilized Amber, Iced Spruce and Faded Jeans
Spellbinders Standard Circles dies
Black and white Baker's Twine

I hope you'll come over and join in the Challenge this month. It is always an Anything Goes challenge and it's a great way to start your 2022 Christmas card stash!

Till next time,
Shona

8 comments:

  1. Perfect across the miles card Shona, such a pretty scene! Have a crafty fun week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deceptive simplicity of this Shona- a fabulous contemporary design.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Shona and I bet your Scottish family love receiving cards from you! Great job on the masking! Have a great week ahead my friend ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, Shona! I love the masking you accomplished to bring depth to the skyline and "park" in front. Your blog header is also so intriguing! Wishing you a fabulous day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Simply" fabulous Shona, love the detail of the tree, the sun and the light. A Wonderful card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a nice city card that works for men and women. I love the whispy blue background you made with the bright yellow and the green of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card, Shona! I love the clean look and the little pops of colour! It's very effective! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very American card to send over the sea to Bonny Scotland. Perfect too for posting. Nice touch with the coloured festive tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!