Tuesday, February 8, 2022

HAI February Warm and Toasty

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog. My header for February is a female cardinal who was outside my living room window, hiding from the snow!

Today my card is for the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge, which is always an anything goes theme! I hope you will take a look at what my teammates have prepared too!


I started by placing a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of double-sided tape on a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" light blue cardstock.


Next I applied a strip of double-sided adhesive to a strip of white cardstock and die cut several snowflakes from the Recollections set.


Fascination glitter was applied to the snowflake after the backing was removed.


The sentiment from the Stampin' Up Warm and Toasty set was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and then heat embossed with Clear Detail powder.


The protective backing was removed from the blue cardstock and the glittered snowflakes and the sentiment were placed on the sticky surface.


Sparkling Snow glitter was then burnished in to the rest of the sticky adhesive.


The polar bear from the Stampin' Up Warm and Toasty set was stamped in Versafine Clair Nocturne, heat embossed with Clear Detail and then colored with Copic markers. He was then fussy cut and after the layers were added to a white card base, he was popped up on foam pads for a bit of dimension. Hopefully giving the idea of him skating on a frozen pond.


Here you can see all the sparkle from the different glitters and the embossing powder. I hope this gives you some inspiration to come and join along with our challenge?

I'd like to join in the following challenges, please:

Till next time!

Stay warm and toasty!

Shona


7 comments:

  1. I love love polar bears and yours is so adorably CUTE! A perfect winter card, loving all his glitter too! He fits our 'winter' challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is just awesome my friend! Thanks for all the details. I have that double sided adhesive and never think to use it ... you've certainly inspired me today! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge and the Peace on Earth Chalelnge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I love the glitter! The glitter does show up brilliantly. I love that polar bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shona: Your link isn't working to The Card Concept, but I still found your post and wanted to say thank you for sharing with us. I love your colors and design. Thanks for playing along with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT
    The Card Concept
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy your joined our challenge at Four Seasons with your awesome wintery sparkle-y card!
    Diane FD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card. I love the sentiment and the sparkle. Thank you for joining us. Bunny proud designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way for using double sided adhesive. I will keep this in my mind!!
    Lia DT PoE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!