Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Snow Much Fun

 Hi there and thanks for stopping by! I was able to change my header today. I had had a quick trip to Scotland last week to celebrate my Dad's 90th birthday. My three brothers and some of their families, my hubby and daughter Gillian had a great weekend of celebration with Mum and Dad, whom we had not seen for almost 2 1/2 years. Needless to say we had a wonderful time, making more memories! I got back on Friday to very warm weather and had to go into my hives to check for swarming clues and try to reduce the chance of it happening. I took a few photos, this one is of the girls festooning between two frames. Aren't they so cute?

My card today is for the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge. Using the skiing snowman from a stamp and die set, that I recently purchased from Lifescraft, I have my little guy speeding down the snowy slope!


I began with stamping the snowman from the stamp set in Versamark Clair Nocturne ink. 


He was then heat embossed with Clear Detail.


I colored him with Copics and then die cut him.


I took a piece of light blue cardstock and using the Cuttlebug dotted embossing folder, I sanded the raised dots down to make them more white, like snowflakes. A piece of double-sided tape was layered to a scrap of white cardstock and was layered to the base of the blue background. I removed the protective layer from the tape and added Twinkling Clouds flocking to the sticky surface.


I placed the sentiment, from the same stamp set in my stamping platform and stamped directly on to the blue sky using Versafine Clair Paradise ink, I then added some Blue Ribbon glitter to add some sparkle.


The background was added to a white card base and then the little snowman was taped down to the snow and his body popped up with a foam pad for some dimension. White organdy ribbon was tied around the top of the card to finish.


I hope I have inspired you to pop on over to the Holly and Ivy Challenge? It's always an anything goes theme!

Till next time!

Shona


9 comments:

  1. Cute snowman, lovely icy colours and fabulous sparkle! I really MUST try to get some Christmas cards made- not much chance for the next couple of weeks though!
    Glad you got to enjoy a lovely time with your family, it's always wonderful to be able to spend time together- even sweeter if there's been a long gap!
    LOVE your header, it's an amazing photo, had no idea bees could form a chain like that they must be fascinating to watch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is Snow Much fun!! so cute! Glad you got to spend time with family, I am sure it was hard to come back home! You should enter your cute card in our Peace On Earth challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, glad to hear you had a super trip to celebrate your dad's birthday. Looks like you had a great time. I love your pic of the bees. Pretty cool.
    I love your Christmas card. Cute image and lovely coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skiing snowman looks so cute on your wonderful scene! Fantastic card design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shona this is just adorable!! You are so creative!! LOVE your new header ... remarkable!! You have so many hidden talents! I'm so happy for you to have been able to see your mum & dad again and how blessed are you to still have them. My mom died 2 years ago and I miss her terribly! I can only imagine how difficult it is to live so far away from them. Anyways ... thanks for always sharing awesome inspiration with your followers and like Diane said, please feel free to share with us over on our PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE. Hope to see you there!! Hugs from Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE your snowman and embossing background Shona, such a happy card. How wonderful you were able to come to the UK for your Dad's special birthday. Sounds like you had lots of fun and new memories. I hope it wasn't too cold for you.
    Hugs
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to say your bee photo is just amazing, so is the photography.
      x

      Delete
  8. Oh, my goodness, Shona! Your header is incredible! I've never seen anything like it! I'm so happy that you could spend some time with your family! Your card is really lovely! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!