Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

 Hi there and thanks for dropping by today. I have to confess that this is a last minute card as we are in the middle of swarm season and coupled with just getting back from Scotland, I am completely swamped! What more appropriate a header than a photo of my first swarm this year! I had the first one on Friday and then a second on Sunday! The bees are certainly keeping me on my toes!

My card today is for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, which is always an anything goes challenge. I don't know why, but I decided to go with some watercolor pencils on Kraft cardstock for a change of pace and I kind of liked the result!


So I started with inking up the background foliage stamp, which has no name on it, in Versafine Claire Pinecone ink.


Next step was to color it in with colored pencils. These were old Stampin' Up pencils that hadn't seen the light of day in I don't know how long!

The recollections holly stamps and dies were then stamped in the same ink and colored with the same pencils.



.... and then die cut.


The sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped in the Versafine Clair Pinecone ink too and then die cut with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Labels.


The sentiment and the holly sprig were then popped up on top of the front panel, which was attached to a white card base to make the mistletoe berries pop?


... and that's it for today's card. Hope I've inspired you to get out something to create a Christmas card and join in over at the anything goes Holly and Ivy Challenge

Till next time!

Shona

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Shona. I love the effect of the coloured pencils on the kraft card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Shona, I haven't tried pencils on Kraft, must have a go see if I can get anywhere near as lovely as you? WOW! The header certainly shows the swarm, fabulous picture, it could almost be a design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verna AngerhoferMay 4, 2022 at 9:28 AM

    Your holly Christmas card is gorgeous! I love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BEAUTIFUL holiday card Shona. Hope your Spring is going well, been pretty cool and WET here but next week to be in the 80's looking so forward to that but the bugs are already bothersome, seems ya can't win!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!