Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Holly Christmas

 Hi there and thanks so much for stopping by today.


My card today is for the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge, where for the month of May we are asking you to use just two colors!


Using the Kraft cardstock as my neutral base, I guess my two colors are white and red! I began with the big floral background stamp. 


I inked it up with Versamark and after applying the anti-static pad, I carefully laid the Kraft cardstock down on the inked surface and rubbed gently to transfer the ink to the cardstock.


White Detail embossing powder was applied and then heat set.


Next I stamped the sprig of holly from the Recollections set also with Versamark and heat set with the White Detail. This was then die cut with the die from the set.


I die cut a piece of Kraft cardstock with the die from the Lawn Fawn Labels set and then the sentiment too was stamped with Versamark and heat set with White Detail. The berries were colored with a red watercolor pencil. Then the background was layered to a red card base.


The sentiment and holly when attached with foam pads for dimension and then a slim piece of organdy ribbon was tied around the spine of the card to finish off.

I hope you have enjoyed my make today and also that you will play along with us at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.

Till next time!

Shona

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Shona, love the red and white with the kraft. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... this is just gorgeous Shona! LOVE the two colors you've chosen! Our current Christmas challenge over on our PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE Blog is open for a couple more days ... please feel free to share this beauty with us!! Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so gorgeous! I love the white on the Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Shona this is gorgeous, I love the white embossing and the red with the kraft, a classic colour scheme shown off beautifully on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Shona. The white and red go beautifully with the kraft. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just donated that stamp…now I’m sorry I did! On kraft it’s great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!