Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Sleigh Ride

 Hi there and welcome to a very hot and hazy August! Ugh! We have our 4-H Fair this week and had set-up yesterday - it was brutal out there! Anyway, here I am thinking of nice cool temperatures and a sleigh ride - it helps a little!!! Ok, maybe not!!! 


Winter activities is the theme over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.


I brayered my background on to glossy cardstock with the Creole Kaleidacolor ink pad. 


The scene was stamped in Versafine Claire Nocturne ink using a Sparkle n' Sprinkle set called Sleigh Ride! I stamped it using the Stamping Platform, so that the black ink would be bold over the glossy cardstock.


Double sided tape was layered over white cardstock and ripped to represent a snow bank. It was then attached to the bottom of the scene, just below the hooves and rails of the sleigh.


After removing the protective covering of the tape, Twinkling Clouds flocking was then applied to the sticky surface.


That finished my card for today. Hope you are inspired to take a look at the rest of my teamies over on the Challenge blog, and to join in our challenge?

Till next time,

Shona


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Shona- love the colours you've used for the background!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blending and lovely scene! Thanks for having me as GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background makes the whole scene feeling of a winter night feel real, along with the sleigh ride that is going on! Such a perfect winter activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Craft Creations!

      Delete
  5. Love your colourful Christmas scene Shona. Your snow looks so realistic and sparkly and a lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Such a welcome scene in the heat Shona hahaha. Love your background colour and shading, a beautiful card, then to add the flocked sparkle, making it perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!