Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Gnome is where the Heart is!

 Thanks for stopping by to check out my latest creation for the Challenge over at the Christmas Craft Creations. Today I have a shaker card to share.



I cut a heart from the Tonic heart set and then stamped in black and embossed in Sparkle the sentiment from the same gnome set.


I penciled the inside of where the heart would be on the white card base. The wee gnome was stamped within the area.


The pencil marks were rubbed off and the gnome was colored with watercolor pencils. I stuck a piece of acetate down to the back of the red layer.


The same heart die was used to cut out a piece of foam pad which was attached to the back of the red panel. This would make the well for the beads. The beads were carefully put on top of the gnome and then the red front was placed on top of the gnome to make a shaker card. 


I probably shouldn't have put as many beads in - the gnome is pretty covered! Bakers' twine was added to the spine of the card to finish off. 


That finishes off my card for today. Hope I've inspired you to created something for the Christmas Craft Creations challenge - just include a gnome!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Shona

6 comments:

  1. Cute gnome, lovely design with that fun shaker element. I always admire shaker cards, but rarely make them- mine tend to 'leak' everywhere!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little gnome for our theme this month!!!!!! I adore shakers and this one doesn't disappoint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shaker card, Shona. I love the cute little gnome. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I LOVE shakers and yours is adorably CUTE and fun, now you have me wanting to make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute shaker card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shaker card, Shona! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!