Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Snowflake Christmas

 Hi there and Happy New Year! My first card of 2023 is for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, where it is always an Anything Goes theme. I just got back from Scotland yesterday, so had an easy card ready for the challenge this week.


Before I left for Scotland I had a few last minute cards to make, so this was just that!

I used an old snowflake embossing folder for the background with light blue card stock. I made a few snowflakes using the Recollections snowflake die set. I used up some old scraps of light blue cardstock and covered it with a strip of double adhesive tape. This was then put through the embossing machine and several of the snowflakes were die cut. 


The protective layer of the tape was removed and then Princess Elsa Frost glitter (from Sparkle N Sprinkle) was burnished into each of the snowflakes.


A blue brad was put through the center of the snowflake and a little strip of glossy cardstock. The Merry Christmas is a silver sticker and was added to the "label". This was added to the blue embossed background and then layered on to a white card base.

That finished my card for today. I hope your New Year is off to a good start? I hope to get better control of everything this year! Let's see how that goes?

Till next time,

Shona

1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Scotland Shona and the rain? I love your card, it's so pretty in blue with the lovely sparkly snowflake and label. x Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!