Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Snippet Christmas

Hi there and Happy New Year! My card today is for the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge, where this month, we are to use snippets in our projects.


I found this quite difficult, I have to confess! I figured I would make a card, using bits and pieces from my desk. Where to start?


I picked up the triangular snippet of designer paper and found a little already embossed Christmas tree to put in front of it to make my tree. The already stamped sentiment would be my "pot" for the tree! Oh, .... and let's do something with that piece of Kraft cardstock!


Now I had my background, it was time to put it all together.


This panel was added to a Kraft card base and I tied a piece of green twine around the fold of the card to finish it off. This is the first time I ever did a card with bits and pieces and I think it came out OK.


Let me know what you think? I hope this will inspire you to join in with the snippet challenge over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge blog.


Till next time,

Shona






5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Shona!
    A fabulous card- love the kraft and red together- isn't it satisfying to create a card from the left over bits and pieces you find- especially one as pretty as this!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the snippets Shona, such a pretty paper for your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely background on kraft Shona. Pretty snippity Christmas trees and nice finish with the green twine. Guid New Year to you and family. Hope you enjoyed your visit to our Homeland. Brr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I love the bluejay adorning your blog header, Shona! Your bird feeder resembles ours - does it "lock out" birds over a certain size? We mostly did it to keep the squirrels out of the feeder. It's fun watching them try to get into it. The birds have been ravenous the past few weeks! Your Christmas project is awesome with all those layers, Shona! No, I would not be able to use the scraps from my table to create one finished card... not have have it look as pretty as this one! Great job! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS Christmas card made with your snippets. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!