Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Holly Greetings

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog! Today I have a card for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, which is always anything goes!


I found a Sizzix holly embossing folder and stamp set, which I don't ever remember using! Anyway, I dry embossed the embossing folder and then inked on top of the raised side with the stamp. I placed it in the Stamp Platform, just so if I needed to, I could restamp, but I didn't.


 I stamped with Versafine Shady Lane ink and heat embossed with Sparkle embossing powder.


It has a great look! I then layered on to the same color of card base. I found a scrap of another shade of green which I die cut the two little holly sprigs from. 


To compliment the red of the berries, I decided to do the sentiment in red, and then used the EK Success self adhesive gems as the holly berries.


A red ribbon was attached to the top to finish off my card for the day. 


Hope you've been inspired to join in along with the challenge this month. 

Till next time!

Shona




1 comment:

  1. A beautiful card in lovely traditional festive colours- the stamped background looks lovely with the added sparkly embossing, the gems make great berries.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!