Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Family is the best part

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog! My August header is a little hummingbird visiting the Crocosmia - how they love this flower!

My card today is for the Holly and Ivy Challenge, which is always anything goes. I hope you will be inspired to play along with us?


Today I decided to use an old, never been used, Sparkle n Sprinkle set. 


I took three of the penguins and positioned them in the Stamp Platform along with the sentiment and stamped them with Versafine Clair Nocturne.


I then heat embossed using Clear Detail powder, so that when I used the watercolors, the ink wouldn't run.


I've been having fun lately using these watercolors and water brush to color.


Hope you like my project today and that I've inspired you to join in on the Challenge!


Till next time,

Shona

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. I hope to soon get back into card making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely CAS design, cute penguins and such a true sentiment.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They ae absolutely adorably cute Shona and water colored so beautifully too, love your header and I too have the Crocosmia but it's so far out in my gardens I have never seen a hummer on it, since it's also called Lucifer I also grew Maltese Cross to balance it out LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!