Wednesday, February 14, 2024

CCC Icicle Christmas

 Hi there and welcome back to my blog! We got another dumping of snow today, so my header is a little Dark-eyed Junko, waiting his turn to get to the window feeder at the kitchen!


Today my card is for the Christmas Craft Creations challenge, where they would like to see your cards featuring either an embossing folder or a stencil!


I chose to play with the Cuttlebug Christmas Words embossing Folder.


I inked up the inside of the embossing folder with Paradise Versafine Clair ink and then ran it through my embossing machine.


I then sprinkled some Sparkle embossing powder over the wet ink and heat embossed it.


Next I cut the Joy Craft Winter Wishes icicle die out of navy cardstock.


I inked the icicle up with Versamark and then applied Sparkle and heat embossed that too.


It was attached to the front panel with a silver brad.


This was then attached to a glossy white card base.


That finished up my card for today!

I hope I've inspired you to get out an embossing folder or a stencil to join in on the challenge this month?

Till next time,

Shona

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Shona- love the way you used the EF and the lovely sparkle.
    The new header photo is stunning as usual...that's such a pretty bird and I can see every tiny detail!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Shona! I have that EF as well, and never thought to use it in the way you have. It's a winter wonderland in the most serene manner! Loving your pretty header, too. Is your kitchen window feeder actually attached to the house? Or is it a short distance away? Like you, we enjoy watching the birds take turns at the feeders and in the "watering holes". hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful technique...turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!