Thursday, May 23, 2013

BRAYER TECHNIQUES

I have been working in the yard today, waiting on my 13 yards of mulch to arrive, however a couple of hours ago there was a big thunderstorm and torrential rain, which brought me inside - so I thought I'd go up and make a card.  

I just got another two cards published in the Vamp Stamp News e.article this month. This month's article is all about brayer techniques.  Have to say I hadn't done brayering in a while and it is such a quick and easy way to make striking backgrounds.  On reading the article, I also learned a couple of new techniques that I hadn't done before, one of them is the bouncing brayer technique!

That is the technique I used in my card today - the rain made me think of rainbows, and this is what I came up with:


If you want to know how to achieve this look, you can find instructions in the article.

Here are the two cards that were published.  The first one uses rubber bands and the second uses the brayer three times. Full instructions for both are also in the article.





I hope you'll give Vamp Stamp News a look.

Thanks for stopping by, 

Shona


9 comments:

  1. Great brayered cards. My fav is the 2nd card. That rubberband background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly creative Shona! I love them all and you have definitely inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. You really make me want to try using a brayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, I liked your cards a lot when viewing them in the VSN article, but I am in love with your new "rainbow" bicycle card! It is truly amazing! So much action in those colors and layers - almost like fireworks! An outstanding card! Can hard wait to see how you made it. Congratulations, too, on being published - not just this time, but with all your other wonderful cards. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards, love all the colors.

    regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome cards!!! Love the pop for the first one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a wonderful selection of beautiful creations. You have a wonderful creative style and I like the vibrant colours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!