Saturday, May 18, 2013

SENDING YOU A SMILE

Hi there,

Well I've got Hydrangea on the brain right now.  I just cut back the big bush, by the patio, a couple of weeks ago, just as the new growth had started to emerge.  

I put the cuttings into a bucket of water along with some Butterfly Bush cuttings that I also took.  Now I've got a jungle in a bucket!!





I'll leave them a couple more weeks to get some roots established, then I'll be potting them and bring them on over the summer, to be planted up at the church in the fall.  I've got a lovely shaded area that will be a perfect home for them!  I can't wait till next Spring.  Of course, it may not work out as planned, but the good thing is - it didn't cost me a penny!

Anyway, on to my card:

Using some Hydrangea designer paper that I didn't even know I had, with the Hydrangea image from the new Sparkle N Sprinkle Spring Florals set, I stamped on to blue cardstock, added another "Amanda" flower, some ribbon and Waterscape Glitter, and here is what I came up with:


Click here, if you need the full directions.

OK, going back out to work a little bit more in the yard.  Gillian was asked to Senior Prom (although she's a Junior) and they want to take the pictures in our back yard!  Needless to say, I've got a lot to do out there in just two weeks!!

'Till next time,

Shona

9 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. My mom would love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had your green thumb!!! Mine is on the black side LOL... Your hydrangea card is beautiful - so soft and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter will have so much fun at the prom, won't she, Shona? I had no idea that hydrangeas were so cold hardy. No WONDER mine never grow - it probably does not get cold enough here. Love your idea about planting your off-shoots at the church. The blues in your card are hydrangea perfect! And your background papers is BEAUTIFUL! What a dainty, feminine, beautiful card - love those colors and how well everything matches. love, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh with this is a gorgeous card and the blue and green work so well together. Seems like you have green fingers.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've got a green thumb just like Donna - wish mine were green instead of black. Love your card and the white oval really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Hydrangias are a favorite of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shona this is lovely, hydrangeas are one of my fav flowers. Love all the old fashioned flowers. Beautiful colors on the card and love all the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh. That paper is luscious. I have paper I hate to use because I want it for myself. But I am starting to use it. Was that the case with you? This is a wonderful card. Of course I love blue and hydrangeas. The white die really makes the stamped image pop. And the little bit of sparkle is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!