Thursday, February 16, 2017

Bird Flourish Wall Hanging

Hi there,

Today I'd like to share something other than a card - a little Spring wall hanging. I really liked the saying from the Cattelya Friendship Set 818, so decided to highlight that, along with some of the fun Tonic Studio products that SNS is now carrying.


I was using some Chipboard pieces from Want to Scrap, that were flourish like, so in order to keep that idea going I started by taking the Dreamweaver Large Flourish Stencil, laying it in the top right corner of the canvas and I then applied Lilac Lavender Nuvo Embellishment Mousse. This Mousse is very quick drying, but I set it aside anyway while I worked on the bird chipboard piece. I like to give the chipboard pieces two coats of white embossing powder to cover up the darkness of the chipboard. So I applied a coat of Versamark and heat embossed with White Detail, then repeated that step. This leaves a nice finish for the lighter colors to adhere to.


I applied Versamark Ink and then heat embossed with Key Lime and Raspberry Tart. Spring Willow and Pear were applied using the Versamarker Pen. Do you see my boo boo?



So let's use a little Magic Speckle and get some mottling effect going, shall we?


Magic Speckle was heat embossed (from the bottom) after being applied with Versamarker to specific areas on the branch and bird. OK, now that green tail has to be rectified!! Some Mulberry embossing powder and then Magic Speckle was how I handled it, making the tail a bit darker than the bird's body. On to the sentiment. After giving it two coatings of Versamark  and White Detail, I stamped directly on top of the Flourish Tag with Versamark and then heat embossed with Mulberry.


I used the Clearly Art Molding Film to make some more flowers, using the Spellbinders Rose Creations Die. These were then colored with Adirondack Inks with an applicator before being molded.



Ta da!!


So time to put it all together. The sentiment (with bows) was attached with Mounting Tape as was the Bird Flourish. The flowers were put together and attached with black brads which were then applied with some Brushable Glue and Sparkling Snow.  Then it was time to add the drops!


Nuvo Crystal Drops, Crushed Grape and Sweet Lilac and Glitter Drops Pink Champagne were applied as extra flourishes. A Nuvo Crystal Drop Ebony Black was applied as the bird's eye.


A couple of holes were punched in the canvas and then the same sheer purple ribbon, which was used on the sentiment, was attached with knots behind as a hanger.

Today I'd like to enter my project in the following challenges:
Crafty Creations #335: Anything Goes
Crafty Galz Corner #110 : Use your favorite things (Nuvo Glitter and Jewel Drops - at the moment!)
Simon Says Stamp: Fantastic Florals: Clearly Art Molding Film
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge (15 February 2017): Anything Goes


... and that's it for today. Something a little different in anticipation of Spring! Hope you've enjoyed stopping over?

Till next time,

Big warm hugs,

Shona

12 comments:

  1. This is definitely going to brighten a corner with all these fab spring colors. I am so loving these molded flowers you've been adding to your pretty cards. The bright colors & translucence just sparkle, and how well you've shaped the petals too. Of course I love this embossed bird and all the other frills you've tucked around to make such a lovely art piece. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning..awesome colors, great flowers, wonderful shimmer and a fantastic layout. I just love everything you do as it is always so elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely project, Shona! Love that sentiment, too, and the bird and flowers make this so unique - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another GORGEOUS creation Shona, I love the bird on the branch and the finish you have achieved, I'm in love with your flowers,they are beautiful.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful. Nice work. I love your gorgeous flowers.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swoon! How beautiful this is, Shona! I love the burst of color and the big beautiful ribbon. Wonderful step by step on how you made this beauty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Shona glad I found your blog. Love the way you showed how you used so many variety of media..especially enchanted with your clear art moulding film flowers. The technique has similarities to the Italian art of Sospeso Trasparente !!
    Do drop by my blog for a visit too
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is gorgeous. Your flowers are amazing. The chipboard pieces and Senti tag are all perfect ... Even with a boo-boo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL decor piece!
    LOVE your flowers, chippies and sentiment, so many wonderful techniques too!
    Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully created Shona and you know I love, love your flowers you make...I have about 5 wall hangings I have made in my creative room...hmmm maybe it is time for another!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, Shona! What a fabulous creation with so much texture! You must have thoroughly enjoyed yourself, getting all inky and heating those EPs. Beautifully done, and such a lovely creation! Wishing you a wonderful week! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!