Thursday, February 23, 2017

Leafy Flower Spring Wreath

Hi there, 
Today I'd like to share with you a card made with the February Reveal Set 815: Leafy Flower Spring Wreath.
 
I began by stamping on top of a piece of vellum in Versamark and heat embossed with Gold Detail. This fine grained powder is great for detailed stamps and sentiments. 
Turning the vellum over to the back, I colored in the image using Copics. The gold embossed lines hide any "coloring outside the lines". 
After I wiped the front of my vellum panel with the anti static bag, (to make sure there would be no unwanted strays) I stamped one of the sentiments from the same set below the wreath in Versamark and heat embossed again using the Gold Detail powder.
 
I took four pink brads and "blinged" them with Raspberry Tart. First dipping them in Versamark (alternatively you could just heat up the brad with your heating tool) and then dip in to your jar of embossing powder. Once heat set this gives a lovely shiny finish to your brads, in matching colors to your projects.
The vellum was attached by the brads to a piece of white glossy cardstock (this ensures a nice bright contrast). Drops of Nuvo Jewel Drops Strawberry Coulis were applied to the berries and left to dry. 
After they were dry (an hour at most), Mauvelous Semi Transparent Glitter was applied to the bow with the Nuvo Fine Tip  Pen.
The panel was then mounted with foam to a piece of pink cardstock slightly wider than the vellum. A piece of textured white cardstock was used as the card base, after being edged with Peony Pink Nuvo Embellishment Mousse.
Here you can see the dimension of the Jewel Drops and the Gold embossing.
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Aurora Wings Challenge #44: Anything goes with hand colored image
Crafting From the Heart #147: Anything goes
Hope you've enjoyed my share today?
Thanks for stopping by,
Big hugs,
Shona

11 comments:

  1. I loved the gold embossing on vellum .Nice idea to use brads to hold the vellum ,most of the glues often show through it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful with the gold embossing of the wreath onto the vellum. I love the colors of your wreath too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creation, Shona! I always forget to color vellum from behind and the technique makes elegance every time! Love the tip about distressing with mousse! It's a wonderful design! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is simply stunning Shona...love the gold embossing and your perfect coloring. You are tempting me to go buy the mousse!!

    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! WOW Shona, a really Beautiful creation, your stamping is perfection, so is your colouring. LOVE it. It's delicate looking and colourful, a rare combination I find.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. Love it. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous. The gold detailing makes the colors glow against the vellum. Wonderful idea to fasten the vellum with the embossed brads too. Love the simplicity of the mats and the shining gold sentiment. It's so beautiful, done with your usual attention to the fine details. TFS &Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully created Shona, as you know...lol...coloring on Vellum is one of my favorite things, just love, love the softness it gives to an image like your here, so PRETTY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card and working n velum can really be a challenge but you nailed it! The gold embossing looks like real wire. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Shona - how did I miss this exquisite beauty !! The gold accent really brings out those beautiful pops of color. Gorgeous card - love the design and beauty of it! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!