Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Peace Love and Joy Stockings

 Hi there and thanks for stopping by today! I have a card to share with you today for the Holly and Ivy Challenge.


This was a fun little make for me! I had kept all the MacKenzie tartan ribbon from the flower arrangements of my eldest son, Struan's wedding in October, 2018. Maybe I'll have to keep this one for them!

I cut out the stockings using the Memory Box Stockings die, after backing it with double sided tape.


Aren't these the cutest?


I then die cut the cuffs with double sided adhesive also. 


I removed the backing off the tape and then applied flockings, Imperial Blue, Grass Green and Snow White flocking.


Next step was to die cut the ribbons from Gold metallic cardstock. Since I was going to have a gold layer to the finished card, I die cut the ribbons from the center of the card piece, so as to not waste any cardstock!


Now to create my mantel! I found some wood grain cardstock in my stash and so attached that to the brick embossed panel. Then I placed all the stockings and their ribbons before attaching them to the card.


The fuzzy cuffs were mounted on top of the ribbon and stockings with mounting tape. I poked a hole through each of the ribbons bows and put a tiny eyelet for a nail on the mantel.


The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Sentiment Stamp Set CL343, I decided on Peace Love and Joy! I stamped in Versamark ink and then applied White Detail embossing powder. 


This was cut out and layered to the panel, which was then layered to the white card base to finish off my card for today!

Please find the products below that I used in my card today. I hope I have inspired you to join in the Challenge over at Holly and the Ivy?

Hero Arts CL343 Stamp Set

Memory Box Special Stockings die

Plaid Ribbon

Gold Metallic Cardstock

Bronze Eyelets

Imperial Blue Flocking

Snow White Flocking

Grass Green Flocking

Darice Brick Pattern embossing folder

Red Brick Distress Oxide ink

Wood Grain patterned paper

Versamark Ink

White Detail embossing powder

Mounting Tape

Double Sided Adhesive Tape


I would like to join in the following Challenges:

Dies R Us Challenge #177: Use a die that DRU carries

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge #09: ATG

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #561: Joy

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog: Christmas in September

September Rudolph Days

Till next time!

Shona

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Shona. What a brilliant idea to use the tartan ribbon for the stockings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, I LOVE these, what a great idea for the stockings and for the cuffs, they look so fluffy and soft like the real thing, yes, I think you need to keep this for your son, I am sure it would be well loved and treasured!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Shona, a brilliant idea to use the ribbon for the stockings, lovely texture and they look so cute! It would be a lovely reminder of their special day for the newly-weds!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shona,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a brilliant idea the ribbon was on those stockings they look really festive and fabulous.
    Such a super desifn too and I love that brick wall in the background too.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project you have created here. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stockings and your fireplace design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute, Shona! Right down to the fuzzy stockings, and great plaid (of course), your festive card is adorably festive and cheery! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fuzzy tops to the stockings Shona, in fact I love the card, it has it's own little scene. Just wonderful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Christmas card with stockings. I'm glad you shared it at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your gorgeous stockings. Thanks for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course you know I am loving this card Shona. The Tartan! How special it is too. I treasure anything tartan and use what I have sparingly - even photo copy paper so as not to use the real thing. Love your flocked stocking hanging up in front of the fireplace - so cosy. I have some flocking and oh dear - never used it. Might just have to sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those tartan stockings! Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin' this fortnight. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there, that's a wonderful card - such clever idea, creating the mantlepiece to hang the stockings! Fab!

    Thank you for joining with us this time at Sweet Stampin' this time.
    Sarah R
    Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!