Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Snowflake Winter Wonderland

 Hi there and thanks for stopping by my blog today. 


My card today is for the Christmas Craft Creations February Challenge where the theme is Blue and Silver.


I began with stamping the Recollections Snowflake background stamp in Versafine Clair Paradise ink. 


I die cut a frame from silver cardstock and framed the background before layering to a silver card base.


A strip of double-sided tape was attached to a scrap of white cardstock.


I then die cut the different snowflakes from the Recollections Snowflake die set.


The dies were released from the strip and the sticky backing was removed ....


and glitters were applied to the sticky surfaces. I used, Silver Dreams, Surf and Fascination glitters.


The sentiment which was from an old Sparkle N Sprinkle set called Winter Swirl was stamped in Versamark. I applied Silver Lightning and Silver Detail embossing powders and heat set. I hand cut the banner and then edged it with blue Copic.


The sentiment and the snowflakes were added to the card front with foam pads and then I sprinkled Waterscape glitter over any sticky open areas, like the center of the snowflakes.


Here is a close up of the sparkle from the glitters.


That finished up my card for today. Please do pop over and see what the rest of my Teamies came up with. Lots of inspiration! We hope to see you join along in our Silver and Blue Christmas Challenge.

I'd like to join in the following challenges, please:

Thanks again for stopping by!

Till next time, stay warm!

Shona

11 comments:

  1. I just love this gorgeous gorgeous wintery pretty card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Peace On Earth}

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and sparkly, Miss Shona! I love the variety of dimension in your snowflakes, too! Your little female cardinal looks all cold compared to ours LOL There are about 8 couples of cardinals hanging around these days. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ... absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend! What a great idea (thanks for inspiration). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge as well as our Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! So beauitful Shona, love the blue and sparkle and the added depth of the snowflake dies, as it should be for Christmas. Love this card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous frosty card, Shona! So much sparkle...just like real snow! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue and silver. Your snowflakes are just gorgeous. It's a lovely card. Thank you for joining us. Bunny proud designer for The Four Seasons Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Shona. I like the layers of snowflakes. Thank you for entering the Christmas Gnomes Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card layout and all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth Challenge Blog. Hope to see your designs in future challenges.

    Kathy
    POE DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Shona this is one beautiful sparkly card. Spectacular in the blue and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blue, white, and silver together!! A beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Peace on Earth challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Gorgeous in blue and silver! Love all the glitter!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!