Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Washi Christmas Tree

 Hi there and welcome back! Today I used Washi Tape on my card for the first time.


"Washi tape" is the theme over at this month's Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.


Of course, that was something that I did not have in my arsenal, so I went to Micheal's thinking they would have some Christmassy themed tape - but this was the best I could find!!


OK, let's go with gold and pink! I had a rough idea of what I wanted to do, so first thing was to make my own patterned paper with it.


I did a couple of sections of the tape until I got down far enough on the cardstock where the line was for the length of the trees.


The two trees were die cut in my Sizzix Big Shot. I decided I didn't want to use both trees on the one card, so went with a slimeline card and used the skinnier tree. I ran the same tree through the embossing machine with a piece of white cardstock and double sided tape.


I picked off the outline of the tree and then laid the washi tree in its place.

Then I removed the inner pieces so there would be sticky surface for the glitter to stick to.


Then I added microfine gold glitter to the sticky adhesive.


I used a scrap of white cardstock and a piece of double-sided tape and cut out the word joy.


The tree was taped down to the pink cardstock and the joy was placed under the tree with the sticky backing. This was then layered on to a white slimeline card base.


and a little gold thread finished my card for today!


I hope you've enjoyed my card today? ... And I hope I've given you some inspiration to join along with the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge!

Till next time,

Shona

5 comments:

  1. Wow Shona this is gorgeous- what clever use of the washi tape! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this sparkly card and the great inspiration Shona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this card Shona. Just spectacular and thanks for sharing the details on how this beauty came about. Very clever use of washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and what a great process you used with your washi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible use of washi tape and Shona's trademark sparkle! I love it, Shona! Thanks for the washi inspiration! Happy Thanksgiving! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!