Wednesday, March 8, 2023

CCC March 2023 One Layer Card

Hi there and welcome back to my blog! Today I have a card for the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge. Here is what I came up with!

Although it sounds easy, this was a difficult challenge - at least for me! One layer card!


I was going through my Christmas stash and I came upon this big stamp, which I had not used in a long time.


I decided to at least heat emboss it to give it some kind of dimension, but still stay as a single layer. So I put it in my stamping platform and inked it up with Versafine Clair Cheerful and stamped on to a beige card base.


Using the stamp platform allowed me to get a good impression of the big stamp.


I then heat embossed with Gold Detail powder.


I'll probably go back and do more to this before using it as a Christmas card this year, but for now it stays like this for the challenge!


So that's all for me today. Hope you will play along in the challenge! Till next time!

Shona

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas card Shona, so elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always impressed with a one layer card Shona- should be easy to design and make but they are definitely not! This one is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So elegant and beautifully created, what a great stamp it is, and the gold really sets off the nice image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, your single-layer card is not only elegant, but beautifully embossed! I love the size and grace of your creation. For some reason, on your blog, Google won’t allow me to comment without it being anonymous. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love this one layer card Shona. Beautiful and elegant in gold. Yes one layer cards are so hard - silly but true for a lot of us that just want to add 'a little bit more'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, one layer is hard! Love that gorgeous gold embossing though Shona - it grabs attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure you need anything else--it looks so elegant and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me share in part of your day. I would love to hear what you think about my latest creation!